⭐ 7gb download?

I just got a ‘patch downloading in advance so it will be ready on patch day’ but it’s 7gb big…that’s like 15%-20% of a full game’s size

What on earth could warrant so much disk space. Not some skins and emotes and certainly not if they’re recycling Junkenstein’s Revenge

#EveryVoiceMatters

3 Likes

Symmetras forbidden golden gloves

32 Likes

Each face of the glove model has its own 8k texture :joy:
The most insane glove in gaming history

9 Likes

man, i wish.

2 Likes

Can’t compress a single byte of them, they wouldn’t dare lower the quality of those sound files

They said it included a reoptimization(?)…on top of the balance changes, Halloween, the new arcade

8 Likes

You know the drill…
link pls :wink:

The large amount of changes and Junkenstien? Maybe deeper in system changes as well

Yeah I’m trying to remember where it was said so I can find a link

Patch 1.41 is a “remaster” and that causes the patch size to be gigantic. It said this in the PTR patch notes.

Also, Halloween Terror.

8 Likes

That’s what it was…I chose wrong word…it’s right in the ptr patch notes

1 Like

Is time to call Liberty Prime then

I don’t like murica but Liberty Prime is top

1 Like

With liberty and justice for most™

1 Like

Yep, the PC patch is approximately 7 GB but can now be downloaded using the background downloader on the BattleNet client. Those on consoles will have to wait until Tuesday, and their patch might be larger than 7 GB as the last remaster patch was 22 GB.

3 Likes

Thinking there will be new content in Halloween Terror. :smile:

OOhhhhh 7gigs… That will take maybe 5 minutes to download. The horror!

1 Like

On my connection, it takes about 30 minutes (Wyoming sucks for internet).

3 Likes

Still 30mins isn’t bad. Perfect time to take a nice hot shower.

22 iish about what i expected for remassa

On the ptr patch notes, it is specified that the patch would be larger as it is a remaster of the sort.

Which by remaster I would assume, the game would be optimised better, but I can’t tell for sure.