50 hp/s is plenty I have proof

This utility is so useless that it is one of the major reasons why mercy is picked in pro play.

1 Like

Correct. Ding ding ding.

So, what you are saying is that the synergy and execution required to capitalize it, is what separates PC from Console, and as such, Comps which promote hero’s that are not Mercy, are stronger.

That AGAIN say’s nothing about Mercy, other than she is not optimal in the most synergistic comp’s, which on PC, are 3-3.

Alright I didn’t finish reading this thread, I got to around 140 or so, before I saw that people are bringing up healing numbers of the past, and forget one crutial detail:

Mercy’s healing was buffed to 60 hps after Ana was released.

It was 50hps when the game was released and once Ana was starting to dominate (around Sept 2016) Mercy’s healing was buffed to compete with Ana. Then even after a bunch of Ana nerfs, she still wasn’t picked after diamond because Ana was the dominant healer and with that 3tank was the meta.

Invul was given to Mercy because the devs saw that she wasn’t able to get rez’s off because the second she flew in, it was a death sentence. Even if it was a tempo rez most of the time. With Invul she could go in rez and get back to safety without dying and leaving her team minus one healer. Even if it was a tempo. Did this bring an increase to mass rezes, yeah, but there were ways to get around that as well.

Mercy was big in the ult economy game. It stopped these fights where it’s won with “Hey lets use all 6 ults at once” like we have right now in GOATs. Not only that, but with 60hps Mercy has more time to use her damage boost, right now when I rarely play her I get close to no use out of damage boost, and in my efforts to find out when to use her ult, the best time is after the team fight is won to quicken the few remaining deaths of the enemy team.

You’re not going to save anyone with her ult (everyone else but Baptiste can do the same with his ult, and even then he has the potential to since the matrix doubles his healing that he lobs through there).

She isn’t going to make a big push with her ult since she can’t heal and damage boost/do damage herself, and her team isn’t basically invincible through her ult (See Ana, Lucio, Zen and Moira).

She can’t fortify her team for a push (Zen, Lucio, Brig, Moira, Baptiste).

She only has rez, which is on the longest CD in the game, and can literally only be used once-per-team-fight and during that one ability she can’t heal, can’t really move to avoid being hit, as she is hard-stuck in the animation because there is no cancel to it, so in that 1.75 seconds her team is down a main healer relying in either Zen or Lucio heals for that time being if the team is running an off-healer with her.

Rez right now promotes hide-and-rez a whole lot more than mass rez did. I took my lumps with mass rez without invul, and I played with invul, and I didn’t change a thing with how I played rez, I was just around a little longer in the subsequent fight after I rezed.

Heck, now we have even more counters to Mass Rez. Back in the day, D.va Bomb, and Tire were the best two to counter because of the delayed explosion. If you timed D.va bomb with when you see Mercy flying in on the rez, you’re gonna get a few kills easily. Rip tire just had to dance around until the invul wore off.

NOW we have Mine Field, and Molten Core which has the same concept as D.va. Just make the area where the people are going to be rezed insta-death zones and wow look at that, mass rez is useless to stall out the inevitable defeat.

Sorry for the rant, I don’t play Mercy much anymore. I am a Zenyatta/Hanzo main at this point, but I can still be passionate about the short end of the stick Mercy got.

1 Like

The Mercy+Zen synergy is what enabled double sniper on PC. Mercy’s job was to keep up tanks and damage boost snipers, and rez. Zenyatta’s job was to discord orb and defensive ult.

When neither of them can keep up tanks, that synergy is weakened considerably. And the counter comps start to falter.

On console, that’s irrelevant because Ana is lacking. So the synergy threshold that Mercy has to clear is lower than on PC. You can just like add a Lucio in instead of Zen if there is an issue with the tanks being kept up. And then you can exploit her synergy with the ranged high damage heroes to it’s fullest.

That isn’t gonna cut it on PC because of the superior Ana and the superior accuracy.

1 Like

And it seems like pro players already trying to use Baptiste instead of Brigitte in GOATS 2.0.

1 Like

My apologies. I thought this was broken down POS overwatch forums, not lawyer debates that require precise, non-hyperbolic speech.

As for the “joke” stance, anything that has taken 15 nerfs is not going to be taken seriously. Likewise, any community that spews out Trihard 7 whenever a black guy is on screen is not going to be taken seriously either.

If this is your metric and you’re solely basing it off raw HP/s, then that same Zenyatta you reference is useless with 30 HP/s, no? Since that’s obviously not the case, I’ll reiterate that raw HP/s alone isn’t all there is to consider; how applicable and reliable your heals are matter just as much.

In terms of your analogy, depending on which dps your allies are, Moira and Ana might be using spray bottles instead of full-fledged water guns. Fast flankers like Tracer and Genji, highground users like Widow and Hanzo, and of course Pharah are all much easier to heal as Mercy than Moira or Ana who have no access to high ground, much more limited mobility to follow, and can so very easily miss heals on these heroes in the thick of it.

1 Like

I did know Lucio’s healing rate was a billion per second, but now I will be maining him from here on out

I misremembered parts of it, but i believe he’s still saying the same thing i posted about.
also it was geoff not jeff

Rein can’t be ran without Lucio, but people still win games like that. Most of the basic rules of “what is needed” don’t really apply to ranked. You can easily run comps without big defensive ults. It might be less than ideal, but so are a lot of other things people do in comp.

Yes, but it’s very big gamble, that relies in eliminating any enemies, before they get any chance to use their ults.

Or simply letting them use their big ult combo, then coming back next fight with your own ults. Getting wiped is not bad if you can get the enemy to invest multiple ults (as long as you’re not about to lose ofc).

hyperbole

/hʌɪˈpəːbəli/

noun

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

“he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles”

synonyms:exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, amplification, embroidery, embellishment, overplaying, excess, overkill

You missed the point that she is extremely mobile, can fly on and out of high ground, selfsustains and benefits pick based compositions. I’m not disagreeing with your points; just that you outright decide to ignore her strong points to fit your agenda.

She’s in a good spot in this current meta (where GOATS is still viable, but DPS centric comps can also thrive), unlike in the last patch.

Does she need a buff? Would be nice, but not necessary. If she’s ever going to get buffed/changed, it SHOULD not be to her lowest skill requiring aspect (her M1 healing), but a change to her E so she gets more room for skillful plays and doesn’t get gimped so bad due to the existence of Rez as a cooldown. A cleanse + temporary heal boost would be nice. But, NEVER, never buff her M1 healing. It’s the lowest skillful part of her kit, whatever value it is it becomes her skill floor no matter how bad the player is. And you know what happens to a Hero who has too much value as a skill floor; Brig.

I think you may have missed the part where I was responding to a post about her healing having no downsides.

23 seconds is actaully a long time in OW lol.
Also quickplay is not a very good indicator.
But Mercy is very strong, yes. Nice vid!

Word. This is the number one reason why Mercy is OP.

It was the use of the name Jeff as opposed to Geoff that confused me…that and no numbers were mentioned

Personally, I dont see any value in hyperbole when a serious discussion comparing x with y is underway