4th Try: Why does Zen stop healing Moira when she Fades?

Because zen doens’t like to lose his balls.

so whenever he sees moira fading he thinks he would lost his balls forever.

So he recalls his balls.

3 Likes

I do that when our Sombra is doing nothing & the team wants them to switch because we’re losing every fight 5v6 whilst she does nothing

1 Like

idk if anyone already said this but when i play moira, whenever i fade, any effects from either the enemy team or your team come off. like ana’s nade and zarya’s bubble

1 Like

You forgot Mei’s Iceblock probably also behave that way. It’s not possible to heal a Mei in Iceblock anymore.

2 Likes

Don’t they already have tech to make the orb invisible for Sombra? Or am I tripping?

With Mercy beam I somewhat get it, at least.

1 Like

orb stays on mei when she iceblocks

1 Like

she cant be healed by anything during fade. that should answer it

1 Like

Reaper: Can easily be killed while teleporting. Can predict where he’s going.
Tracer: Extremely obvious visual cue. You can predict her rewind.
Sombra: You can see her translocator.
Symmetra teleporter: You can see the teleporter, and thus see people coming out of the teleporter. It’s loud and bright.
///
Moira: you can’t see where she’s going at all. She can self heal. Ability is very unpredictable.

1 Like

It looks like the ability was designed to remove every single effect, both friendly and harmful, when used. An official confirmation would be nice to put this question to bed, however.

3 Likes

If there is an official source for that info then this statement, while lacking, would answer the issue. My problem is that I have been unable to find an official source that makes that statement, have you? Without official confirmation, this could be a bug. Especially given how inconsistent Fade is to other similar abilities like Recall, Translocate, Wraith, Shadowstep, and Symm’s Teleportal.

False, you can still pick up health packs when faded. Just tested it.

Not sure about this but I’m currently wondering if brig pack still heals if it’s used on Moira before he clicks fade

1 Like

Maybe it happens because she cleanses things with her teleport. I know wraith cleanses, but his model doesn’t just disappear like Moira’s. Translocator DOES cleanse AND gets rid of her model. (Same with recall)
The cleanse probably has some coding issue that makes it get rid of the orb.

1 Like

Lasting HPS also continues to heal her. (Other than zen orb), you can use any lasting healing effect on her and it will continue to work.

2 Likes

I’ve just accepted that this support combo is horrible when I need to not only relocate where she fades into and re-orb moira every 6 seconds and cancel volley and reloading more often, but Moira also being a trash peeler for zen because her juice is projectile. But it definitely does make this support combo more annoying to play than it should be.

1 Like

i stand corrected, good to know actually. I do play her she doesnt need health packs often but that could be handy

2 Likes

Intentional. Much like Mei’s Cryo-freeze; Fade puts Moira into a space where she cannot interact with players, enemy or otherwise, that means she can’t benefit from or be harmed from anything.

Though there are a lot of weird inconsistencies like these.

1 Like

Just a heads up, Harmony orb turns invisible on a cloaked Sombra. A really aware team can get a quick general location since you see the orb fly out to her, but once it attaches to Sombra it disappears and won’t reveal her.

Zens, PLEASE orb your Sombra! You have literally the best healing tool for a friendly Sombra, and Harmony gives her SO much more uptime in a fight. Harmony on Sombra and landing Discord on anyone in the backline is a free pick if Sombra is remotely in position to jump the target.

1 Like

Moira is a strong independent woman who don’t need healing from no man. Simple as that.

1 Like

We need more people like you that point out obvious QoL updates so someday the devs hear us!
Please drop more of your ideas, this one included, at:

Really tried my best, hopefully one day they’ll add some of this ideas.

1 Like

Fade makes Moira and any form of interaction with her disappear during Fade. It is intended, so it seems.

Another character in the same boat is Mei. When she ice blocks, nothing whatsoever can interact with her, just like Moira. Harmony will also go away on her, but only after a few seconds, as if she left LoS, I’m pretty sure. It might be instantaneously. Not 100% positive.

The reason this doesn’t happen on Reaper is because he is still there, so to speak. Sombra disappears and reappears instantly, so she makes sense as well.

The only one who contradicts this is Tracer, I guess. But Tracer also instantly reappears, as you can still heal and interact with her during Recall. The only time you can’t is right as she is about to reappear. But she follows the same logic as Moira’s Fade and both should be treated the same when it comes to interactions. Tracer shouldn’t have any interaction at all during Recall, like she does currently.

1 Like