4th Try: Why does Zen stop healing Moira when she Fades?

I have been asking this same question since 2019:

Moira is the only character who loses Zen’s Harmony orb when she teleports (Fade).

Characters who keep Harmony Orb after a teleport include:

• Reaper when he uses Wraithform and/or Shadowstep
  • Tracer when she recalls
  • Sombra when she translocates
  • Anyone using Symmetra’s Teleportal

If this behavior is intentional, I’d love to know why? A Zen Moira Healing duo is tricky enough without this “feature”.

If this behavior is a bug, a fix would be amazing. An explanation as why this bug has been in the game for years would be lovely. But those responses require time the devs may not have, I get that.

So can the bug please get added to the known issues list?

All I want is confirmation that the devs are aware of this behavior. After three years of bringing this issue up, there is no proof that the devs know this problem exists.

41 Likes

Honestly seems like a miss hap that they are just too lazy to fix

10 Likes

This came up in my games as well it was frustrating to have Moira die when Zen did everything right.

13 Likes

My guess has always been that they make some special exceptions for Fade because it’s supposed to make her completely disappear from existence. She’s not allowed to have anything that would visually track her location (e.g. Mercy beam, Zenyatta orb projectile), in order to make it look like she has no location at all during the ability.

9 Likes

But for example if you have harmony orb on invisible Sombra, it heals her and doesn’t reveal her position. Moira should do the same I guess then

13 Likes

My guess has always been that they make some special exceptions for Fade because it’s supposed to make her completely disappear from existence. She’s not allowed to have anything that would visually track her location (e.g. Mercy beam, Zenyatta orb projectile), in order to make it look like she has no location at all during the ability.

But Tracer’s recall has similar behavior, she is off the map for a period of time but she will have Harmony orb when she reappears.

15 Likes

She doesn’t exist during that time and is immune to all effects including any form of healing. It’s consistent.

7 Likes

My guess is fade breaks los for orb.

1 Like

Can I get a source for that text? Also are Recall, Translocate, Wraithform, and Shadowstep not immune to all effects while those abilities are active?

4 Likes

I wonder now. Does Moira get a Sound Barrier while she is in fade?

8 Likes

It breaks Mercy’s healing beam as well, which can be disorienting for Mercy if you’re using her as a superjump point with prefers beam target.

2 Likes

does she lose it immediately or does she lose it when she fade’s too far away from zen

1 Like

The Orb falls off the moment Moira fades regardless of her distance to Zen. Also Zen’s orbs once attached only require LOS to stay on the target

2 Likes

So is Tracer during recall and Reaper during Wraith. That’s not consistency.

4 Likes

I’m guessing the take on this is “she’s going back in time”, so if she had the orb on her at a previous time and rewinds to that point… then it kinda makes sense for her to keep it (just from a lore standpoint).

If Moira’s lore is that she “fades from existence and can’t be traced” then that part makes sense. From a game play perspective, I can definitely see how it would be annoying though.

2 Likes

There’s a technical difference, though. Until Recall ends, Tracer’s invisible body stays in the location where she activated Recall, so even if a homing projectile like Orb of Harmony is chasing her at that time, it won’t reveal anything. Moira has control of her location during Fade, so anything that follows her movement would reveal her path.

1 Like

because she literally leaves the field while doing it, losing all effects on her, not even widow infrasight can see her while doing it

should she lose harmony orb though? It doesn’t really matter IMO I wouldn’t care one way or the other

1 Like

Then they are inconsistent.

1 Like

Can widow infra-sight track Tracer while she recalls though?

Also I disagree that it doesn’t matter as it punishes responsive Zen players that try to peel for Moira’s before they wraith when no other hero has this problem. It is frustrating to lose matches due to this interaction that is neither fun nor consistent. To each their own of course.

Kinda like how brig quick melee causes her to primary while torb and rein quick melee do literally nothing

2 Likes