4th Try: Why does Zen stop healing Moira when she Fades?

I mean those are one of the things I am 100% sure the Devs are aware of but its kind of a “non game breaking” thing that doesnt really have much impact.

For example Moira could heal through enemy shield and that does have a very remarkable impact on her gameplay. If I had to come with answers I would say:

• Reaper is visible and exists during Wraith
  • Tracer recalls to a time where she had the Orb on
  • Sombra just changes location, still exists for the LOS check
  • People using TP same as above

I think there are some inconsistencies since I dont remember if DF losing the orb even when “failing” the LOS check … but then again, he is on the map, exists, just on an insane hight :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s probably because she goes invisible and the orb would give away your position. Kinda wish the same happened with Sombra so harmony orb and bubble can’t reveal an allied Sombra in stealth.

1 Like

He is at ground height, but invisible and untouchable. In floor lava mode, he can still die while ulting.

1 Like

Oh so he exists, they kind of “worked around” that so the hero is not actually on a height.
That looks like a “cheap” implementation :joy:

2 Likes

Basically, OW in a nutshell.

1 Like

Why does Moira lose discord when she fades & i’ve nearly killed her

1 Like

Because zen doens’t like to lose his balls.

so whenever he sees moira fading he thinks he would lost his balls forever.

So he recalls his balls.

3 Likes

I do that when our Sombra is doing nothing & the team wants them to switch because we’re losing every fight 5v6 whilst she does nothing

1 Like

idk if anyone already said this but when i play moira, whenever i fade, any effects from either the enemy team or your team come off. like ana’s nade and zarya’s bubble

1 Like

You forgot Mei’s Iceblock probably also behave that way. It’s not possible to heal a Mei in Iceblock anymore.

2 Likes

Don’t they already have tech to make the orb invisible for Sombra? Or am I tripping?

With Mercy beam I somewhat get it, at least.

1 Like

orb stays on mei when she iceblocks

1 Like

she cant be healed by anything during fade. that should answer it

1 Like

Reaper: Can easily be killed while teleporting. Can predict where he’s going.
Tracer: Extremely obvious visual cue. You can predict her rewind.
Sombra: You can see her translocator.
Symmetra teleporter: You can see the teleporter, and thus see people coming out of the teleporter. It’s loud and bright.
///
Moira: you can’t see where she’s going at all. She can self heal. Ability is very unpredictable.

1 Like

It looks like the ability was designed to remove every single effect, both friendly and harmful, when used. An official confirmation would be nice to put this question to bed, however.

3 Likes

If there is an official source for that info then this statement, while lacking, would answer the issue. My problem is that I have been unable to find an official source that makes that statement, have you? Without official confirmation, this could be a bug. Especially given how inconsistent Fade is to other similar abilities like Recall, Translocate, Wraith, Shadowstep, and Symm’s Teleportal.

False, you can still pick up health packs when faded. Just tested it.

Not sure about this but I’m currently wondering if brig pack still heals if it’s used on Moira before he clicks fade

1 Like

Maybe it happens because she cleanses things with her teleport. I know wraith cleanses, but his model doesn’t just disappear like Moira’s. Translocator DOES cleanse AND gets rid of her model. (Same with recall)
The cleanse probably has some coding issue that makes it get rid of the orb.

1 Like

Lasting HPS also continues to heal her. (Other than zen orb), you can use any lasting healing effect on her and it will continue to work.

2 Likes

I’ve just accepted that this support combo is horrible when I need to not only relocate where she fades into and re-orb moira every 6 seconds and cancel volley and reloading more often, but Moira also being a trash peeler for zen because her juice is projectile. But it definitely does make this support combo more annoying to play than it should be.

1 Like