30FPS on Switch

next release will be android

Damn. I had no intention of getting it to begin with but I guess I’ll actively tell people to not get it.

The switch ain’t powerful, but Overwatch cartoony graphics ain’t particularly cutting edge =\ I thought Nintendo were actually pretty good at ensuring most things run at 60…

Ooooof

while I would’ve loved 60 fps, seeing what mk 11 had to do to manage 60 fps on switch… meh

its not a deal breaker anyway since everyone else will be playing 30 fps and its still hand held overwatch

30 FPS? How will people enjoy their cinematic experience with 6 extra FPS? We have to go lower.

They run at 60 on ps4 and Xbox

Nintendo doesn’t make anyone meet 60 fps on any title. That is a developer decision usually.

Most games run with 30 regardless.
And switch is a weak machine, even compared to other consoles.

It’s weaker, but there are plenty of games running at 60 fps. A small list here. https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/nintendo-switch-games-60-fps-games-list/

still sucks tho man. OW is a fast paced game and it will loook pretty crummy at 30FPS

But how? Its the same console. Why would it output at a higher framerate when it uses the same hardware?

Blizzard would not devote Overwatch to NS without being satisfied with it’s performance. It could be that NS can operate just fine at a lower FPS because the screen is so small.

I think it’s more for framerate stability. The Switch probably could handle 60fps… until ults start flying. In which case it’d be better to just have 30 stable to make it less jarring.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t get a consistent 60fps until I got an Xbox One X. It would sit between 40-50 during fights on my original Xbox One.

Agreed.

But hey, Witcher 3 is coming to Switch and I am saving up for it.

If you thought it would get anything close to 60 you were dreaming

The Switch was made compact an all, it’s literally obvious certain games that “we all anticipated from other platforms” won’t run as perfect as the other platforms run them.

Being able to play Overwatch in handheld sounds ridiculously fun for no reason. Motion control sniping as well.

I wouldn’t mind the 30FPS, I come from another age of gaming where graphics and all that didn’t mattered, nor the framerate. Fun fact, I used to play Overwatch with a framerate lower than 40 on my older pc, now it’s about 50-55 FPS. Altho I can,t afford anything great for a pc.

Overwatch on a smooth 30FPS could be really fine in handheld. Obviously they didnt amp up the frames cuz dock-advantages, they probably just upped the quality from 720p to 900p instead.

Never judge a book by its cover, some things are better than they look like.

1 Like

no, the xbox one can run games at a steady 59.97 fps (idk why that number, sometimes I have heard it cna actually jump to 60 but idk) and everyone’s xbox which is working properly runs it at this fps

LOUD NOISES!

https://twitter.com/stickfab/status/1169652001627680768

you say that, but the switch is selling better than you realize. Blood stained RoTN sold more on switch than PS4,PC, and xbox combined.

2 Likes
  1. I never called switch sales into question. I know it’s a great seller. It’s a great console. I own one.
  2. What in the world do sales of a metroidvania style game have to do with competitive minded people not typically playing those competitive games on the switch?