30FPS on Switch

That is disappointing…ughhhhhh that is really low for an FPS…Couldnt they have made it 60fps when docked and 30fps undocked?

6 Likes

Honestly though, what competitive minded person is playing OW on the switch? That’s gotta be a tiny playerbase. 30FPS is fine for little timmy’s first FPS.

Also who expected the switch to pump out frames?

65 Likes

It’s a miracle they managed to get it on the hardware to begin with tho. Everyone’s switch cpu bout to become a barbeque XD

19 Likes

honestly I think they could have made it to where it could do 60 fps if it was docked.

1 Like

Wait, did they cut the framerate, in a FPS game? LMAO :rofl::face_vomiting::man_facepalming::no_good_man:.

As I suspected, half-baked port :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:.

Nobody was expecting 120fps, or 300fps, 60 would be good enought…

Yep 900p at 30 FPS I was considering buying it but now that I found this out Probably not anymore

True. It’s a Nintendo console…

6 Likes

I’m laughing so hard, they said the Switch couldn’t handle it and to make it handle it they made it a shadow of it’s real self. Switch version isn’t for comp play but just for everything else.

1 Like

Switch meta at 30 FPS is getting on the objective faster than the defending team without walking into wall.

2 Likes

Paladins made it to 60fps why can’t overwatch what a load of BS

18 Likes

The Witcher 3 runs at 30fps on the Switch, same framerate as PS4 and XONE, but Blizzard had to halve the framerate on Overwatch on the Switch because it is much more demanding than TW3 /s.

LMAO :crazy_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:.

anyone who’s into hardware

I don’t know what all the hype is for, look at the support they provide x box and ps4 players. Do you expect that the switch will magicaly get better after sales support?

5 Likes

they say 30fps but lets see how it does during teamfights. everyones frames tank during teamfights unless maybe you have a 2080

You should be happy if it can even manage to get 30 consistently.

1 Like

The original Xbox can hardly maintain 60 fps.

Do you guys actually understand how tech works? The Switch was never going to have 60 FpS

5 Likes

The forums are so negative… I am a bit disappointed about the 30 fps but I poured tons of hours into Halo back when it was 30 fps so it probably won’t be a big deal for me.

Being able to play in handheld mode is a good compromise although I wouldn’t be against 60 fps with lower resolution option.

3 Likes

It’s probably quite likely that it’s actually frame locked to 30 and can maintain something slightly higher than that during normal play. This would give it a little extra budget per frame for such dips without actually dropping below 30.

4 Likes

The 3D render will most likely be downscalled to 75-50% to begin with.

1 Like

with the lower resolution? the character renders?