30FPS on Switch

I mean the render scale for anything that is 3D will most likely be capped to some of those values already making it bad as it is.

Woohoo something that competes with my garbage laptop in framerates!

4 Likes

720p and 60 fps would have been better than 900p and 30 fps.
Grafics dont matter this much.

3 Likes

The Switch is using Nvidia Tegra X1 graphics. Probably can run on 720p 30fps?

Do you really think that paladins req and Overwatch req are the same?

2 Likes

30 fps is the console standart, if I am not mistaken.
I don’t know why are you guys complaining.

1 Like

I can barely stand playing on 60 FPS these days… I shudder to think of the slideshow at 30 FPS…

1 Like

That standard isn’t a good thing.

Then play on PC. :woman_shrugging:
Because it is like this to allow for better graphics on them/ make their games “more fair”.

2 Likes

The obv solution is to download more ram

10 Likes

LMAO… “download more RAM”…

1 Like

900p is not necessary. Lower the resolution and textures as much as you can to get 60. It doesn’t need to look pretty. It needs to perform well.

Oof, I felt that like a shot right through the heart. Glad to know I’m not the only one playing on a toaster.

1 Like

Would take a hit to visuals and physics over 30fps any day.
Also being 60 docked and 30 undocked would give unfair advantages to people playing docked vs undocked so not a good idea. It needed to be 60 fps across the board.

Probably not, the switch is a very weak console.
Even if they’d turn down the graphics into potato mode, I’d expect there’d be a CPU bottleneck anyway.

It is going to be, at least for me, more of a casual experience. I’ll play comp on PC, but if I want a quick game of QP or Mystery Heroes while sitting on the couch then the Switch might be a fun way to do that. I honestly love my Switch. It’s a great system. And even though I do treat it more casually than my PC, 60 fps would still be nice when not in handheld mode.

I expect that to not be possible due to a CPU bottleneck.

PC.

Wow, looks like they went even lower than my already low expectations yet again. I played at a fairly steady 60 fps on a PC that was practically a potato on medium to high settings, but they couldn’t get it to work on Switch?

It depends on the game. Most games run something like 720p 30 fps handheld but 900p 60 fps docked. But not all games, this is just a general rule of thumb on the Switch.

For Overwatch it’s going to be 720p 30 fps handheld, but 900p 30 fps docked.

I do play on pc and I don’t want console hardware or sony/ms bureaucracy screwing up development priorities.