30FPS on Switch

Overwatch ran at 30 FPS on the original Xbox One and PS4. It runs at 60 on the PS4 Pro and whatever the Xbox One pro equivalent is. It took them a hardware update to achieve what PC has had since 1995

pardon me?
and the xbox one x wasnt released until november of 2017
seriously, that was kinda of the point of the new generation of console, is that 60 was the standard, 30 was 360 and ps3

interesting. i had some fake news for a few years.

still hilarious to me they need dynamic 1080p lmao

again, when 12 zaryas ult at once, its a clustermess, so yeah

but yeah, unless there is a stupid amount of stuff happening on screen, games run smoothly if it was made properly. seriously tho, for the average gamer, do you need more than 60? if so then …have fun

as for the switch…nintendo’s first hd console was the wiiu, which was out with the xbox one and ps4 if i remember correctly…they aren’t knowing for having the cutting edge

Is that confirmed? If they can’t push 60 FPS than this is the new meme of Overwatch. I hope I get to see recorded clips (can you even do that on the Switch?).

you can…but honestly there is little point as space is something that you want to save on the switch, so dont buy overwatch digitally on the switch

Why? A lot of games run at 60fps on the Switch, and Overwatch runs at 60fps in a potato (low settings ofc).

1 Like

Isn’t that the only option?

I have a potato and it runs at 55FPS, I had another potato that ran it a 30-40FPS before.

Overwatch is still playable, the problem of the game are the animations clutter that dips FPS down significantly.

no, in fact most switch games dont take internal memory if you buy the games physically, and you can expand the storage using sd cards, but they are pricy, but you can take pictures and record clips you can even livestream a docked switch

also most switch games dont stick at 60, they bounce from 30-60 from what I have read

1 Like

its games also was fit onto a single board the size between 2 and 4 postage stamps, your point?

wait 30FPS? That sounds great. Heck, I’ll even take 12FPS.

1 Like

Overwatch is only sold digitally, the physical clamshell is there for “these people” who likes to collect the clamshells, otherwise it gives you 3months of NSO service and a digital code in it.

Wdym, comparing 2 different builds, and many different parts.

Man I really wanna see people playing Golden Eye 64 in 4 players local at like <20FPS on old tvs and see their reactions. It was playable still. If OW runs smooth 30FPS, there really isn’t an issue at all. In fact, maybe we should be happy that, for once, Nintendo is in the crew of new games it didnt try to explore or had the “minimal hardware” to run beforehand.

The only thing I hate is when they try to much and butcher a game into a downgrade-fest (Witcher 3), but Overwatch sounds really fine still on the specs given and framerate as well.

now that sucks, because the switch’s storage is valuable, and I know overwatch is big

1 Like

Ik it sucks, but being logical here, Overwatch constantly updates, it would probably be considerably more expensive in a cardridge (i think?). THe amount of things that change in the core base game until now would be significantly too big and would somewhat render useless the whole point of the card itself to be there.

It sucks, sd cards aren,t that expensive on the other hand. The true issue with it doe is if you’re a game collector and download everything digitally. I doubt many of us are collecotrs of digital games doe.

edit: I can’t grammar tonight, mind me at all

1 Like

yeah…basically kids, if you can buy your switch games Physically, it saves space and its easier to transport some times imo

Implying that OW at 30fps is Nintendo’s fault…

2 Likes