2.32% pickrate, 47.98% winrate

I assume you don’t play alot of Roadhog but I think Hog does need help

4 Likes

nonononoononon ahajajajajajajajaj no no road is easy to kill for many dps and tanks

1 Like

he didnt need the nerf, but the hook and one shot (or big damage) is still there, which is what i normally used him for anyway, i think he needs a reload speed up tho

um the source is that they’re doing a bug fix for the very specific example I just mentioned.

His alt-fire is still the same, they just fixed one-shots from a distance where it should have never happened.

Keep everything as is but let his hook go through shields.

1 Like

It’s sad that I knew this was Roadhog straight away.

4 Likes

I don’t play any Hog and I know he needs help.

He needs help being a better tank, not more damage.

I honestly believe the “bug fix” is just code at this point for Blizzard to nerf things and get potential agreement from the forum community as to what is getting nerfed.

4 Likes

While I don’t think it’s fair for Blizzard to change anything without comment, I do think this was a bug Blizzard felt needed correcting. We should 100% be vocal about this because and demand context, but we shouldn’t get too heated because it likely means they’re looking into Hog in other ways.

i completely agree with you bro, i feel sorry for people who cant have a brotastic time because so many other bro’s are abusing roadhog’s bugs, we all knew his alt fire was bugged and we knew this because no one knew that was a bug because there was never any indication it was a bug

seriously though you are acting like we all knew it was a bug and have been abusing it for years knowing it was giving us an unfair advantage :stuck_out_tongue: how did roadhog hurt you in the past? does he still make you cry?

1 Like

Ya know what’s funny? A song called “No Mercy for Swine” came on as I was reading this thread lol

2 Likes

lol i must admit i looked up the song because it sounded like a sick deathcore song…it aint deathcore :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are you actually kidding me.
He’s FINE, BLIZZARD. LEAVE HIM ALONE. JEEZ.
He’s already gone through hell before, he doesn’t need to go through it again.

4 Likes

Nope, quite the opposite actually! But it’s catchy, if you’re into swing.

1 Like

honestly very catchy song

You didn’t mention any source. If your referring to the damage fall-off change that was made then boy are you misunderstanding this whole change.

Hog has at no point ever been able to one-shot from a 29M range. The spread is far 2 wide for any hero model in the game and barely stays within the hitboxes of large shields. This is the range where fall-off is being applied

The most you would ever get hit with is like 12 pellets if your Orisa facing from the side. And that’s prob being generous.

Hogs “Sweet Spot” for one shotting squishys with his secondary isn’t changing . That’s around 9M-12M depending on the RNG spread of the shot. The complaint is this change is a nerf to his long range damage that was at no point threatening but was sufficient enough to do chip dmg and break shields without exposing yourself too much (which is important as Hog is known to charge enemy teams Ults.)

4 Likes

He’s a tank. The fact that he’s 1/7 heroes that fill one of the 2 slots in a 2/2/2 comp is illuminating to understanding pickrate. Apart from the other tanks beneath him in terms of pickrate, the bottom half of the cast are all DPS. So yea, he’s a better pick than 2 whole tanks and 9 DPS heroes. They’re typically not competing for those slots.

But we can use the fact he’s a tank to understand something pretty key: those bottom 3 tanks are doing pretty poorly in terms of the meta.

Bronze, basically the tanks you’re gonna get are D.va and Reinhardt. in the tanks category, each take roughly 30% of the pickrate, meaning that almost no matter what you’re gonna have one or the other on your team and/or on the enemy team at all times… the others all see roughly the same playtime, though Orisa comes in at the highest of the remainder with 12% of tank roster usage, and the other getting like 7%.

Silver: Rein is king- taking 32% of the playtime to himself. D.va is still played twice as much as any of the other tanks, with 24% usage rate. Zarya and Winston have overtaken Orisa- both have pick rates above 10% for the tank category. Orisa, Hog and Hamster have 8%, 7% and 5% pickrates respectively.

Gold: The top four spots are basically the same, though Zarya has a few extra percentage points and d.va has a few less. Hog, Orisa and Hamster see 7%, 6%, 6% pick rates.

Plat: Reinhardt still has 30+% pickrate. D.va and Zarya are now interchangeable, with ~17% pickrates apiece. Winston’s got another teensy percentage, up to 13%… Hog, Hamster, and Orisa see 7%, 6% and 5% pickrates respectively.

Diamond: Rein is still king of the hill at 30% usage! D.va has been knocked to #4 most played tank though, Zarya taking the crown at almost 20% pickrate, winston At 16% and D.va down to 14%… Hog, Hamster, and Orisa have pickrates at 7%, 7%, and 4%.

Master: Rein is finally beneath 30%! But not by much, at 28%. Zarya, winston and D.va are played 19%, 18%, and 16% of hte time respectively. Hamster has beaten hog’s pickrate (but just slightly) so now Hamster, Hog and Orisa see 6%, 6%, and 4% of the playtime respectively.

And in GM, by comparison, the top four tanks are Reinhardt, D.va, Winston, Zarya- in that order, and each are played about 20% of the time, Rein a few percentage points more, Zarya a few decimal of a percentage less. Hamster, Hog and Orisa are played just 6%, 4% and 4% of the time.

hmmmmmm…that seems…bad?

2 Likes

You shall not stop me.

I do not care for pickrate.
I do not care for winrate.

I am BigPig.
Roadhog is mine, I shall never give up!

We shall rise again, and reclaim our throne of bacon, pachimaris and gold!

9 Likes

Just we be clear here, Roadhog is arguably one of the worst heroes in the game right now. He is not an “average” hero like Mercy on the Support class or Orisa on the Tank class.

Roadhog cannot reliably OHKO now, his hook is bugged so his main utility is unreliable, and his enormous sustain only increases his feeding problem. Not to mention he has one of the worst ults in the game, too. Whole Hog just knocks the enemy back a little bit and sends Hog to the spawn point.

What you end up is a hero designed for picks ending up as a hero with anemic damage augmented by this frankly completely moronic balancing decision, bugged utility, and not a zero like Torbjorn, but a minus because he feeds the enemy so much. “He gets his useless ultimate quickly, though. He hooked and killed me, though.”

People fail to realize that Roadhog offers nothing. He offers a bad DPS hero that feeds, he offers no peel. He no longers is a huge area-denial by sheer threat, because his hook disconnects 1/3 of the time, and when he hooks, he doesn’t kill you, and you have your own special “Nullify Roadhog” button. Maybe if you’re low HP he can kill you. Maybe.

7 Likes

He’s still the greatest Ultimate battery!

2 Likes

For real, part of me is happy that people think Roadhog is okay. Free ultimate for my team.