2.32% pickrate, 47.98% winrate

sounds like a character who is complete garbage lets nerf that character

105 Likes

Has Blizzard given any statement on this?

3 Likes

none whatsoever its nice he is getting some attention from bigger youtubers though

finally one that actually admitted that there is a hook bug, none of the others have ever done that

29 Likes

And he has still a higher pickrate than 11 other heroes.

However the nerf was unnecessary. Even if they call it a bug fix.

20 Likes

They need to compensate for the nerf, give him more ammo and reduce reload time for Piggy’s sake!

4 Likes

Hog is dead guys. We all have to accept that. He’s now just a meme pick for ilios well. That’s it.

Honestly, Hog 1.0 was a bit broken at the time, and I think most of us agree, although he was fun back then too. He had a very specific role, and he did it very well. His hook needed the nerf maybe, but whatever, it’s always been bugged/broken from day 1, so we were used to it. How many times did Lucio or genji land on our heads during season 1 & 2? How many Anas got away unharmed as they landed a mile in front of us? We accepted it, because he was fun, even though he was an ult battery. Hog may have been a bit OP then, but it was a very sad day when he was destroyed.

Fast forward to today. 7 new heroes added, all with a ton of CC. Stuns, sleeps, boops, rocket punches, shield bashes, you name it. All outclass hog. Power creep happened, and everyone does more damage, has CC, has escapes, etc. Hog 2.0 is now trash. Hog 1.0 would be balanced, if not on the weak side. Power creep has made the hog nerfs unnecessary, and he is now a troll pick.

The thing that really pisses me off though, aside from the casuals who originally complained about hog all quit the game long ago anyway, is that everything that they complained about with hog and saying it was unfun, they added into Brigitte and other new heroes. Brigitte is far better than Hog 1.0 ever was, and she was designed after his nerfs. How is that okay? Why did hog get murdered when baguette is a specifically designed thing? Hog 1.0 would be weak in todays OW, but at least he’d be better than he is currently. I wish they’d revert him back to he was, right after his hook was ‘fixed’. He needs the damage back.

37 Likes

he needs a lot to become decent at this point

4 Likes

Seems like a good idea

1 Like

Fun fact they don’t need to compensate for a bug fix lol blizz is so clever

If there giving him attention chances are he isnt gonna be left like this.

1 Like

Then they need to buff him because he is in a bad spot right now, not to compensate.

1 Like

He wasn’t nerfed. It was a legit bug-fix, he could sometimes one-shot characters from a mid-range distance with his alt-fire that was never intended.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with changing “unintended features” (quotes because it seems like a lot of things are magically becoming unintended despite being in the game for three years now), I do think it’s in very poor taste to deploy an adverse bug fix on a hero who is already struggling.

Hog needs buffs and fixes. Less RNG on the primary, more efficiency against armor, fewer Hook bugs, less ult feeding, and less CC vulnerability on the Ult

12 Likes

CCAAASSSUUUAAALLLSSSSS!!!

2 Likes

Hog uses projectile shotgun pellets, literally the worst combination of damage in the game, so he should have had the projectile benefit of no fall off to begin with. It makes even more sense now that Mei’s icicle was brought in line.

20 Likes

Fine by me. I’m fine with other characters getting nerfs for once

We’re on Hog 4.0 atm. Hog 3 was the best.

I think they just fixed an ancient bug without thinking through the consequences, but keep making noise about it so it doesn’t make it to live without adjustments.

1 Like

Like I keep saying, as bad as this is, this creates a demand for buffing hog.

Which might be better in the long run.

3 Likes

Because he’s a tank tho.