2-2-2 Ended it all

Bruh, what you got against goats?

If you wish to ask me any questions about game development, please do. I will answer them with the knowledge and expertise of a 20 year veteran :slight_smile: Please note, the complexities of video game forum etiquette is not required for game design.

Excellent, if you dont need protection then i’m sure you’re fine with answering my questions, right?

Yes, 222 existed before RQ. Blizzard decided to make 222 RQ. Next, they are modifying existing RQ to be 5v5, thus RQ is successfully being moved forward to OW2. The Superset of RQ is carrying on.

I apologise if you’ve become confused by this topic, even though i have endeavoured to be clear, things seem to have taken a slide down the angry pole into the world.of.full.stops.and.bold.

I looked for the information you said existed about first come first serve on OW2 and could not find any, which is why i asked you to provide it. Unfortunately you cannot, but hopefully someone else can?

The locked 222 structure for all teams does not exist in LFG currently. If players can use the current “make your own team role comp” LFG setup, LFG would not fix anything. Your suggestion also does not solve a thing for people who dont use LFG. LFG currently does not and cannot fix anything apart from helping players to find a group.

You are in complete denial about Role Q fixing a lot of issues for other players.

You refuse to acknowledge the improvements for those players and whenever someone says “It made the game better for me” you respond with your generic “not at all”.

So far all that ever came out of it was you getting into pointless arguments with other people that are going around in endless circles because your “not at all” is sabotaging any attempt to find a common ground on which you can base a constructive discussion.

2/2/2 Role Q made the game a lot more enjoyable for a huge part of the player base.
If you want to have a healthy discussion about Role Q then you won’t get around acknowledging this, cause responding to those people with “not at all” won’t make them magically disappear.

1 Like

They produce excellent milk. I have no idea why anyone would be against goats.

1 Like

I’m not against player choice, up until it becomes a burden to the game’s actual quality, in which case I consider it at least partly as collateral damage in the quest of repairing said game.

Not in any way a misinterpretation on my part, but I do get where you’re coming from.

I honestly don’t think i’ve ever encountered a bug in overwatch before. it’s one of the most polished and optimised games i’ve ever played

1 Like

If this makes you depressed then you need a hobby. If it doesn’t then don’t say it does because there are people who are legitimately depressed and we shouldn’t devalue the term. TYVM :heart:

Please provide an actual developer quote. Otherwise yes it is a misrepresentation.

1 Like

It’s in the AMA.
Just go through it yourself if you are really interested :woman_shrugging:

Dps main here, i play 1 game of open queue for each 2000 role Q game… :sweat_smile:
And it always instantly reminds me of why i play role Q.

It might be different in master + but in plat insta lock dps/sup or play tank.
Or have a flame fiesta who shall tank or who’s fault it is for the guarantee lose

Role Q actually allows me to play dps and not throw the game on hero select…
Especially yes especially as a widow player…

Ana is far from an exception, and in the long run she broke the game in ways Launch Brig and Moth Mercy could only dream of…

Before Ana came out, multi-tank comps like GOATS were unfeasible - they require burst healing at regular intervals in order to work, but none of the OG supports could provide it. They only have sustain healing in their base kits - if they wanted to bring a teammate back from the brink of death, they’d have to resort to using their ultimate.

Then Ana and her bionade came along. The massive healing creep that she introduced into the game enabled tank-stacking comps for the first time…

…and instead of addressing the root of the issue - which was their mistake of giving a healer the equivalent of a defensive ultimate as a cooldown ability - the devs made things exponentially worse by going after the symptoms of the problem. They nerfed tanks into the ground and ramped up dps creep to the point where no one wants to play tank anymore.

4 Likes

It all started with Ana.

Blizzards tried to make healers heal upwards of 140 hps without even trying created a healer power creep which resulted in Brigitte, but Brigitte wasn’t the start, she was the end result of what came before her.

They should have nerfed Ana to Mercy/Zen/Lucio levels instead of trying to force in more and more OP supports. Instead they opted to buff all OG supports to Ana’s level and make her the base line.

2 Likes

Well I don’t agree with healing powercreep because moira has one of the best healing, but she’s the worst support in the game

I already know what the actual quote is. Which is why I called it a misrep.

1 Like

She’s only better by a marginal amount, other healers heal comparative to her. That’s the problem. Healing is too high.

2 Likes

No healing is instant though like a lot of damage

wait unless baptiste? apart from him nobody else everyone else takes 1 second to do the full amount

healing is not what is making supports good

Here’s the kicker, burst is worse now than its ever been, most heroes are functionally stronger than they were several years ago. It all started with Ana forcing the OG supports healing to rise, symmetra was kicked out for not healing, and dps were forced to pump out more damage to kill things at Ana’s level of healing.

I wish it was, but when all OG supports are off suports and all new supports are main supports, and the reason for this is OG supports don’t heal enough. This doesn’t strike you as healing creep?

3 Likes

disagree otherwise we’d have moira ever game, it’s their too strong utility dude…

Moira is the highest healing, but healing is still higher than 50 hps max like it used to be. Just because Moira isn’t top of the line doesn’t mean healing creep hasn’t destroyed support balance.