2-2-2 Ended it all

Ever since GOATS and open-queue got changed, ever since bap and echo and hammond were added, ever since they started ignoring fans and started worrying about “positive change in the competitive scene” the game has been dying. More bugs are found daily, yet the fixes take months. Some bugs are still here from day 1, even. This is a multi-million dollar company that cant compete with IP logs. Its sad and it makes me legitimately depressed because the game I played for 2 years, the only legit TEAM based STRATEGY game, is just dead. I hope that these Devs dee their errors and fix this.
#RevertToGoATS #RemoveEcho #Keepit6v6 #ListenToYourPlayerbase

12 Likes

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

43 Likes

so what you’re saying is it all began when Brigitte came :thinking:

13 Likes

OW doesn’t have a real bug issue or at least not any more.

Some of the main issues this game has are because they listened to their player base.

6 Likes

Basically, but it didn’t come to fruition until the after the Hanzo rework.
(Paired with a Pulse Bomb Nerf)

Please elaborate on how RQ even remotely caused the ““death”” of Overwatch.

1 Like

They started ignoring fans waaaaay before GOATS was ever a thing.

Remember how bad the 2017-2018 moth meta was? Mercy players begged the devs to not let that overpowered monstrosity of a rework go live in the first place, and emphatically warned them of how much it would fundementally break the hero.

The devs didn’t listen.

Just like how they didn’t listen to players who mained the hero in question when they reworked -

• Dva
  • Symmetra (the second time)
  • Sombra
  • Brigitte

They don’t seem to care whether or not anyone actually likes the changes they put forth.

26 Likes

IMO it’s started spiralling downward at mercy rework. After moth meta started, more and more balance changes are focused on competitive scenes.

4 Likes

Because the Mercy rework removed mass rez, and regardless of the other issues it brought about, I consider that rework to be the only successful one.

222 on the other hand was (and still is) imo THE single worst change ever made to this game, hands down

10 Likes

Well, the other issues has bigger impact than mass res, so i wouldn’t call it successful in any way.

Moth meta made significant players left. That’s the issue that started the downward spiral. Which happens because blizzard’s refusal to hear any inputs from players.

I mean, since torb rework it was noticable change in player mind set about teammates picking him, so i say he had good rework in terms of game health and therefore successful one in developer eyes.

5 Likes

I consider the Torb rework with the floor nachos to be an abject failure, personally

3 Likes

I consider the mercy rework to be one of the worst.

I believe it got rid of a huge chunk of our playerbase.

Did mercy need to be changed? Yes. But so mass rez got entirely removed as a concept? No.

And it’s not just mercy. All these other reworks to make homogenize all heroes has been slowly killing the game, Imo.

14 Likes

Yeah I totally agree. I also want to add reworks like torbs, heck even hanzos (scatter needed to be changed but storm arrows even worse).

All these attempts to homogenize all heroes has been slowly killing the game imo and it really sucks.

5 Likes

Double shield.

Most of the OP’s points are silly, but I’ll /thread on that one.

1 Like

2-2-2 wasn’t a good step, but the thing that really hurt the game was Mercy’s rework. That was the first time the devs were crystal clear that they were willing to make massive changes for competitive regardless of the general community.

Also they butchered the character who was almost single handedly keeping low to mid rank Overwatch fun.

11 Likes

Maybe for dps players that hate waiting the queues.
But it was not bad for me, I am glad about 222. No more 4 or 5 dps on my games :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rofl:

8 Likes

I actually don’t dislike 2-2-2.

I feel like Sigma’s release is when it started to go downhill. It’s when double shield became a thing, when burst-DPS were buffed so much to compete with GOATS and they took forever to undo it, and then started focusing on specifically balancing only for OWL.

The content drought after Sigma’s release did not help, either, nor is their slow balancing.

4 Likes

the thing I find funniest about this is that if you’ve only played for 2 years, you never knew the game pre-GOATs and thus have no frame of reference for how bad it was. You want everything to go back to the games absolute worst state ever because you’re just nostalgic for it.

This is like someone who played in beta demanding hero limits be removed and competitive mode deleted or someone who started during Moth begging for Giga Mercy to come back.

2 Likes

It wasn’t adding Brig or GOATs forming

It was the dumb idea to buff tankbusters instead of nerfing sustain and peeling only

1 Like