2-2-2 DPS queue times - fix the demand not the supply

The solution would still be to make supports/tanks as impactful as DPS in one way shape or form.

Theres more DPS to choose from, so balancing out the other classes isnt too far off

They are already more impactful than dps.
Dps is the weakest class in the game.

2 Likes

Yeah! Itā€™s likeā€¦ Nobody gave any kind of warning about those queue times when it was announced that 2-2-2 was coming * rolls eyes *

1 Like

:roll_eyes:
Here, take this emote.

1 Like

This i think is the primary reason there is a shortfall of Tank/support, but primarily tanks there just isnt proper feedback telling you if your doing a good job or not

Just had a game today where nobody would shoot the Reaper. He just walked into the back of the team, I would call him out and nobody would do anything about him. Guy just strolled in, killed one or two people and then left over and over and over. If he got into any trouble, shadow form awaaaay. The only real counter to him is coordinated team play and that feels a little stupid, even in a team oriented game because of the huge difference it makes in commitment of resources and how difficult it sometimes is to actually coordinate people.

This is a VERY good note. Wish Blizzard could somehow see this. IMO Make a thread I think and just use this paragraph as your intro post, adjusted to make a decent opening post of course.

1 Like

I rather have blizzard just allowed us to go into custom games while waiting.

1 Like

That could work, but it wouldnā€™t improve the supply of Tanks/Healers.

But it could work, since this is more of a ā€œmake queuing more comfortableā€.

Since the queue times wouldnā€™t go down from just this change.

They canā€™t even fix the DPS queue times in World of Warcraft after 20 years.

Do you REALLY think thereā€™s a fix for this other than to remove 2-2-2?

So you are going to play a custom game for 60+ minutes before getting a Q Pop, and say you are not burned out already for a comp game that actually means something?

If you want to play at your peak potential warming up for 60+ minutes isnā€™t the answer you want to advocate.

After 60 minutes I would get so efā€™ing bored Iā€™d quit the game and end up watching Netflix.

Iā€™m in plat and play with my friends.
Even duo dps doesnā€™t exceed 15min if even 10min.

This will just make it more nice while waiting without redoing or messing up the ranks.

I never said its a good solution for gm+
But its a net improvement without a single negative impact. Imho

Basically a great quick help until better things are developed.

1 Like

just give an ability to play 6 DD versus 6 DD in rating mode, it can be different rating than 2-2-2. I think many people will use this mode with pleasure. no queue, more skill dependent, more balanced

Actually, when that starts to happen will be when some of us move on from the game. I know I will.

I agree wholeheartedly. Some of the worst tanks I have played with have been up there post match with a damage blocked card, and I think ā€œwho was behind your shield buddy?ā€ Iā€™m not sure what the tanking rewards would be as I canā€™t say that I play them enough. Iā€™ve always liked seeing Winstonā€™s ā€œplayers knocked backā€ stat and would love it if there were something that offered a tank feedback when they took space.

(But Iā€™m that rarity of someone who knows they arenā€™t a help to their team on DPS or Tank, so I literally have not played anything but support in comp in well over a year. They can offer me all kinds of incentives to place in all three roles, but I still wonā€™t do it. Itā€™s not fair to the people I play with.)

2-2-2 is killing this game. GM streamers on Twitch are now waiting 15 - 20 min for games, so they play other games, which results in fewer people watching OW. Out of sight out of mind. Eventually, if those streamers can find their audience will stay with them when they donā€™t play OW, theyā€™ll move on sooner rather than later. OW is not out of the woods yet, with OWL, etc. Blizzard needs all the mindshare they can get.

1 Like

Done. Thanks for the encouragement.

I do think that a permanent competitive FFA mode might bleed off enough DPS players to make a significant impact.

I do think that shorter queue times for DPS that are grouped with tanks and supports could be highly beneficial (and there is some evidence that this is actually the case right now, but if true not enough people know about itā€¦).

I do think that leaving 2-2-2 out of QP would be a positive thing (albeit with certain drawbacks), although if the rumor is true that QP Classic will be a standard Arcade mode, this one is just a matter of seeing what happens when it goes live.

Oh there was also a suggestion somewhere that players could set their own preferences for team compositions. For example you could leave it at default 2-2-2 or set it to accept 3-2-1, 3-1-2, or even 6-0-0. And you would only ever get matched against a team with similar composition limits. Yeah, I see some problems with that but itā€™s a creative solution I thought worth mentioning.

The only issue with prefered comps is, that one will always be THE METAā€¦ :sweat_smile:
But in theory, nothing wrong with a 3-3 vs 3-3 if all 12 agreed, they want to play 3-3.

Not sure what that would mean for the balance and owl rules.

Is it the same devs that said D.Va should defense matrix Junkrats Tyre?

i dont think leaving Q times alone is chasing away people from the gameā€¦ if it wasā€¦ the Q times wouldnā€™t be an issue anymore.

Or, compensate for time lost maybe in rating or something, for people who are WILLING to wait but get less games in, risking lower time spent trying to rank up.