2-2-2 DPS queue times - fix the demand not the supply

You can’t solve a population problem, without changing the population.

And for people who play the most difficult skill tiers in the game, you really think they are quick to shy away from difficulty?

Yep either as duo, trio, 4 to 6 man, my group does it all the time. Obviously the large the group, q can take a little longer but that’s cause it’s trying to match us with another 4 to 6 stack. The time now compared to before role q is maybe a 1 min difference if at all.

You also cant alienate the player base…

And by difficulty you mean queue times? Yes, that would definitely annoy them to no end.

Quality input, as always.

If someone told you they didn’t have enough money for something, I bet your response would be “lol, just get more”.

By difficult, I mean either less SR for wins, or larger negative SR for losses, for DPS in Diamond through GM.

With some balance of big enough to do something, and small enough to not piss people off.

SR stands for skill rating.
If it doesnt rate your skill its useless.

It would rate your skill, it would just make the grading more difficult.

And within the range of DPS skill, it would be consistent, just more difficult to climb and maintain SR.

So it would not rate your skill. Dont contradict yourself.

You posted this exact comment as a topic if I recall and you will get the same answer from me.

Also raising the supply of bad tanks and healers because some just play those roles to get on the fast track for dps next time and dont actually care about their SR on the other roles.

How can that possibly be balanced. You put a lot of mid ranked healers and tanks together with much more demanding damage dealers simply to keep the rate of high rank dps low so they find matches faster and other people get slaughtered by better dps.

And exactly the opposite here. That would raise the amount of “bad” tanks and healers in higher ranks making them unhappy to play with people below their capabilitys.

The system was created to stabilise the fairness on each rank and from match to match. You cant just propose to unbalance that system to adress longer queue times thus defeating the whole purpose.

1 Like

It would rate your skill, as a DPS player.

But not as an Overwatch generalist.
Which doesn’t matter, because that doesn’t really exist any more.

No it wouldnt. You are artificially rigging the system to give dps players bad ranks, and thus miss out on all the high rank rewards. And since you are constantly taking out sr from the system everybody will soon become bronze.

All changes and invectives are artificial.

And if you thought it was possible to change things, without changing things, you must not know much about game design :slight_smile:

And now you purposefully talk past me. -.-

I dismiss the idea that DPS queue times are supposed to be fixed without any changes.

Or that we should ignore the concept of modular gameplay design, simply because someone on the forum used an adjective to describe it.

It’s like trying to do chemistry, without using chemicals.

I’ve tried playing both tanks in DPS in this season. Not going to touch tank queue much while barriers are mandatory and barrier tanks are so boring.

Two thoughts:

1. I feel like there is a psychological/Pavlovian issue that needs to be addressed as well. All of the hormone boosting incentives (sound effects, on screen cues, potg, catching fire) are all tilted toward damage. I put up 116 assists as Mercy in a comp match over the weekend, and the only people that knew were the ones in my party, and that was because I looked for it, and then told them. There were no feedback cues the game provided that would have told me I was playing one of the best games of my life. If supports and tanks got strong positive feedback for PLAYING THEIR ROLE, more people would want to play it.

I blame the OWL for this as well. I love the league, but when the Gladiators beat the Valiant the other night, the casters are all fapping over surefour and no one seems to realize that BigGoose played a fantastic match.

1. I think there isn’t enough attention given to the fact that yes, while comp queue times are high for DPS, almost all of the arcade modes are DPS-centric. They have plenty of places they can play if they are unwilling to wait. During the final days before role lock when I was routinely asked to solo heal 5 DPS and shut up and like it, I just simply had to turn off the game to escape it. Many of these people complaining about having to wait just want to pew-pew-pew and I’m pretty sure they have plenty of places they can do that.
7 Likes

That still pushes people on to tanks/supports who do not want to play support/tank. Or else they will get even longer waiting times.

1 Like

Yes - its called DPS players learning other roles in order to be fair to everyone and on top be better DPS players… its very simple.

It would be optional though.
But it’s mostly to bulk up the supply of Tanks/Healers, and would be a much better alternative to staring at a timer.

I think it is a good idea, but it should be a reward for good performance, otherwise a DPS main could throw a Support or Tank match just to get priority.