1-4-1 might be the temporary way to go

I mean one Medic in TF2 offers enough value that they can carry 11 other people

I don’t think any support in OW could say the same lol

2 Likes

All of it. None of it is enjoyable. Anything more than 3 of any role is a massive chore and godawful. 4 dps is unfun to play and play against. Too much damage flying in and tanks amd healers struggling to keep up with enormous pressure to do so because if they die your team has nothing. Everyone fighting over health packs.

The screaming for 222 was precisely because of 4+ dps comps.

The devs even tried it internally and said it was very unfun and hated.

8 Likes

I sort of agree, but the game would have to be even more drastically changed to accommodate

Why not?

TF2 has similar damage numbers and yet the Medic does far less healing in most circumstances (Max range crusaders crossbow can compete) than most of the Overwatch supports.

Extreme overreaction and extremely over dramatic

Source?

4 Likes

I like this idea.

I don’t think it was overly dramatic at all. I genuinely hate 411. I will uninstall instantly and never look back if it’s implemented. I am willing to wait already in long queues to avoid it. And I’m not alone in that last part.

4 Likes

2-3-2 would be better for everyone involved.

They don’t at all?

The Sniper does the most damage without a headshot at 150; every other weapon is less than that

Not to mention the fact that the Medic alone can overheal people by 50% giving them even more health to chew through.

Also the damage fall off for characters like Heavy Weapons or Scout

Why do you think they made the Heavy have such a big head, and wide back? To give players a counter (Spy/ Sniper) to the Medic/ Heavy combo that pretty much no other class could deal with

Even in OW damage is high enough that DPS can kill any tank being pocked by any support except Ana’s grenade target for 4 seconds, or Moira spray + Orb

There’s also no reason why the tanks / supports couldn’t be beefed up to be balanced against 4 dps.

Solo healing is nigh impossible and there isnt a lack of support players, however a solo tank can and does often work. So i think 1-2-3 would be a better option.

1 Like

God no. your times would increase because no one will play any tank other than orisa again. No. No. No. No.

4 Likes

Other guy beat you to it and

If the DPS role wasnt over crowded I would understand but other comps like 321 and 411 could work but now it is just limited to 222 which is awful considering how overcrowded the DPS role is and it mostly revolves arounds it completely skews an I guess “Ideal” 222 and general creativity with comps got screwed as well but DPS is the main issue

TF2 is built intelligently. It’s designed to have low mid-combat healing, but huge out of combat healing. Means you can get by with far fewer healers, and healing doesn’t detract from the shooter experience. You also can’t stack healing very well due to the lower ubercharge rate.

OW is just: stack healing on healing on healing, the more the better and do it in combat. So you need as many healers as you can, and only burst damage does anything.

1 Like

Can’t speak for anyone else, but that would be a sure fire way to make me leave.

I refuse to play ‘1’ anything. Wanna play that, I’m picking DPS.

4 Likes

Absolutely not. You’re going to get even less tank and support players than we have now. Solo tanking/healing is absolutely awful. This would actually kill the game for good. Stop suggesting this god awful idea.

2 Likes

You bet your pretty face I ain’t tanking for no 4 dps. You bout lost your entire mind.

I wouldn’t touch any tank other than orisa and that would be a kindness. KINDNESS to a stack I would be in

9 Likes

I don’t mind them doing something about dps queues, there are other solutions besides imbalancing the role distribution. But if they do decide to do that, they shouldn’t go over 321.

It’s the 4+ comps that have driven endless complains since launch. They are despised for a good reason.

I’m not playing solo tank or support. No way. Never going to happen.

6 Likes