1.0 Mercy is unhealthy

I would be fine with valk being counterable if valk was even worth using in 9 cases out of 10. valk, with the latest mercy nerf, will be overpowered by Lucio’s Amp it Up, that’s how weak it is.

not a single person on these forums is advocating for this situation. In fact, most posts are asking for 1.0 mercy with added restrictions and a 50% damage reduction.

now here’s the big issue. Mercy teaches people game sense and ult management. If you throw out 6 ults on a 6v5 fight, that’s bad ult management. Even with invulnerability, if you saved 1 dps ult you just rewiped the team that was just revived. You might say that it’s hard to notice the Mercy is missing in the middle of a fight, but that’s game sense.

I would love to see mass res come back, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. What we need instead is to fix Valk so that it’s not just an ability with a charge meter.

1. Rez needs to be tied to valk, it’s too powerful to be a basic ability. So lock it behind valk, give 2 charges of rez when the mercy ults that disappear at the end of the ult.
  2. With rez locked behind valk, Mercy needs mid fight potential, so give her an ability that increases her healing for a short time. My personal favorite is the idea of a guardian angel ability that gives 1.5x all of her heals to a target (so if I use the ability on reinhardt and turn to heal D.va, I heal D.va for 50 hp/s and reinhardt gets 1.5x that).
  3. Valk, even with rez tied to it, needs to be more impactful, so increase Mercy’s heals under valk from 50 hp/s to 75 hp/s and decrease the duration to 10 seconds.
  4. Because valk is now incredibly powerful, it needs a higher ult charge. It should have the highest ult charge of any other ult because of Mercy’s consistency. She gains ult charge faster than any other hero, so the overall ult charge needed has to be increased so that she isn’t getting her ult from 1 minute of healing.
1 Like

Neither. This Mercy will always be an absolute abomination and Mercy 1.0 will always be OP in low ranks and UP or trash high ranks. As it should be.

Mercy 2.0 has proven 11 times over that she will be a must-pick in ALL ranks. That makes no sense for an entry-level hero. At least Mercy 1.0 became trash and the least picked support in high ranks.

But that being said, Mercy 1.0 is the Widowmaker of ultimates. It would ALWAYS be trash in one rank and godly in another.

1 Like

Other way around but I can understand your reasoning.

1 Like

It wasn’t the other way around. In masters and GM, Mercy pick rate dropped drastically from around a 13% pickrate in many lower ranks to 5% in masters and GM, being the lowest pick, because in high ranks she was bad. People know how to strategize in higher ranks and work around the enemy Mercy, bait her Res, or kill her before the fight.

1 Like

Yeah, my mistake. Mercy 1.0 was never overpowered to begin with.

2 Likes

Give the enemy the chance to interrupt big mass-rez there you go I fixed the problem.

Another rework would be nice at this point tho.

1 Like

Jelly, you are officially a member of a warlike Asiatic nomadic people who invaded and ravaged Europe in the 4th–5th centuries, AKA: a hun
Look it up, it’s the definition of hun xD
I didn’t know you were 1600 years old :open_mouth:

1 Like

3 Likes

Lol that’s one way to look at it😂

1 Like

I really miss rez as an ult

Except this wasnt happening with 1.0 mercy. I dont know where this meme started.

1.0 broke the game, 2.0 has mercys complaining a lot, pick 2.0 every day of the week.

I think you had that backwards. 1.0 had people complaining that it “wasn’t fun to play against” and 2.0 has broken the game. 2.0 has Mercy at nearly 100% pick rate. and the worst part is, we’ll never again know what her pick rate is because when private profiles came out her pick rate dropped on oversumo to 70% overnight. clearly an inaccurate statistic.

I suppose you really mean 1.x (whatever the number for the invulnerability came in) and after the Ana damage nerf. 1.0 mercy was rez and die with health regen like shields (3 seconds out of combat)

2.x is FAR, FAAAAAAR more unhealthy than 1.0. Sooooooo much worse. 1.x was at least fixable but Bliz didn’t do that, no they made the most unbalanced rework in the history of Overwatch and kept it for months.

Now we’re on, like what, 2.11?? With no end in sight. No thanks. Revert or completely trash valk and rez-ability and rework again. At this point Bliz is sitting in their hole trying to make enough trash to fill it.

u realize hide and res was online a thing cause of performance based sr which was removed and invulnerability. hide and res was usually not the optimal over tempo ressing. the current mercy doesnt teach the player anything besides running away pressing e almost always off cooldown. and to press valk for 15 seconds of auto pilot immortality and heals. all of the good mercy players know that shes just an autonomous heal bot that resses every 30 secs now. tact visor/dead eye rarely counters a mercy probably less than 5% of the time unless youre playing in plat and even there kids probably dont die to those ults.

2 Likes

Hide and rez was motly used because of the rewards given by the sr system. More rezes, more sr.
It could have been removed, like it is now to discourage people from using this strategy.

I don’t understand this.

This seems to imply that current Mercy isn’t as powerful as old Mercy.
However, a lot of people claim that Valkyrie is a powerful ultimate, and I think we can all agree that the current Mercy is overall more powerful than pre-rework Mercy.

This sentence is self-contradictory. With Valkyrie active, Mercy flies faster than usual.
If GA’s speed is, as you say, too fast and does not give the ennemies enough time to kill her, then GA during Valk neither gives any more chances to kill her.

This sentence also implies that old Mercy wasn’t counterable because of GA speed, which is obviously false. While GA makes Mercy very fast, she is forced to follow a linar movement, therefore she is predictible. In other words, you have time to see her coming, and to see where she is going, so you have time to stop her.

1 Like

Yes. You nailed it. We healed until our ult meter was full. Then we go to a quiet place and stick our thumbs in our a$$ and watch our team die without any assistance. Then we got off our butts to get play of the game. We stick around for a bit more until our ult is ready again and immediately find the nearest shelter.

Yes that’s mercy’s fault too. We should make sure we are front line when we have ultimate. The enemy should have a fair chance to kill us uncontested because they shouldn’t have to think about the situation and it’s only right that mercy should be handed to them on a platter. Maybe her “my ultimate is ready” voiceline should be audible to the enemy as well.

Lol. 30 seconds rez is a free pass to neglect your teammates. Life was much more “precious” when you had to use an ultimate to undo a death. My teammate getting sniped means nothing now because I can undo it every 30 seconds.

Yet she has less deaths per game now than she did at 1.0

2 Likes

Biotic Grenade had a longer effect duration and a 100% healing boost.

Biotic Grenade: Version #1

• 60 damage to enemies
  • 100 healing to allies.
  • 100 healing on self.
  • 100% healing boost on allies & self.
  • Complete negation of enemies’ source of healing.
  • 4-meter splash radius.
  • 5-second effect duration.

Biotic Grenade: Version #2.0 (Was only on PTR)

• 30 damage to enemies
  • 50 healing to allies.
  • 50 healing on self.
  • 50% healing boost on allies & self.
  • 4-meter splash radius.
  • 4-second effect duration.

Biotic Grenade: Version #2.1 (Went on Live)

• 60 damage to enemies
  • 100 healing to allies.
  • 100 healing on self.
  • 50% healing boost on allies & self.
  • 4-meter splash radius.
  • 4-second effect duration.

Funny, I never actually did that, but I did hear my teammates tell me to go hide while they die so I can rez them

I can prove mathematically that valk is a bad ultimate. With valk you have 3 options: battle mercy, damage boost, or heal.

1. battle mercy is almost always a bad idea, even when valking.
  2. Damage boost under valk is very powerful but only in higher ranks. In low ranks, if you stop healing for more than 2 seconds your team is dying, and in those 2 seconds your team isn’t gonna do enough damage to make a difference.
  3. the heals you get from 15 seconds of valk are less than the heals you get from Amp it Up in the time that it takes to charge valk and the 15 seconds it’s active (assuming a 1 minute charge time on valk).