1.0 Mercy is unhealthy

Note: This is MY opinion If you don’t like it, don’t read it.

People seems to thing that Mercy 1.0 is a good thing and very healthy for the game as to balance. I mean sure, she can negate combos and busted ults.

From what I’ve been seeing. These 1.0 Mercy players are constantly complaining and joining every Mercy post and trying to get her back to how she was even with using points that are obviously flawed. And I believe this is the aftereffects of playing 1.0 Mercy for an extended amount of time.

You see, 1.0 Mercy is known for its “Hide and Rez” which means the Mercy hides with rez probably somewhere far from the main fight. And when their team miserably fails the 5v6 and the enemy busting all their ultimates. She flies in and just negates all damage done exchanged by one ultimate.

And with constant use of this tactic, the Mercy will rely on the team to carry her all the way. And refusing to learn other heroes because she needs her team to help her and keep her safe.

(raises hand) But Mr. Salty, rez isn’t only used for 5 man rezes. Its normally used to resurrect 1 or 2 people

Nice question Timmy, now you see, an ability with no limits such as a charge up or a LoS (line of sight) is easily overpowered. You might think “1 or 2 players is barely enough to win a game” Yes. Its not. If they don’t have their ultimate that is. If you resurrect an Ana and Reinhardt with Nano and Shatter ready to be used. It can easily turn the fight around and if the enemy isn’t prepared and save one or two of their support ults, it will be a crapfest.

Then how is the current Mercy better than 1.0 Mercy?

The current Mercy teaches the player how they need to take care of their team as they are very precious. And it lifts a lot of the pressure off of the Mercy player as if she dies, its not as painful as dying with a mass rez with 10 seconds on the clock.

Valk is also now able to be countered (clapping) with ultimates such as Tact Visor or Deadeye which is better than a Mercy flying in at high speed, not giving the enemies enough time to kill her before she presses Q.

Takes this how you want to, I don’t mind if you give me some of your opinions as long as its not full on hate and constructive points. Again, this is how I view the situation, I am not forcing you to agree with me.

19 Likes

Honestly I’m ready for 3.0. Players didn’t like 1.0 and 2.0 is even worse. We are on like 2.5 and have still gotten nowhere, so it’s time to move on.

25 Likes

Why not just remove rez and respawning completely?

If you die you sit out until the match ends.

That way there is no reverse of your hardwork. Teaches players to be more aware and fixes the Mercy issue

Since rez is just a quicker respawn it should work

2 Likes

I’m going to ignore stuff about the broken SR system that promoted Hide N Rez and begin talking about Hiding in General.

As a Zen, when I predict the incoming Grav-Strike, do I want to be out there in the open with my team where I can be easily Dived and taken out?

NO! I want to stay safe until I know that it’s the optimal time for me to Ult and maximise the amount of Damage I negate.

Now change Zen to Mercy, the few differences are that Mercy has no LOS check, not blocked by barriers, is immune to Anti-Nade and can Restore dead people to full health.

It seems like an Objectively better version yes? Yes and often the Mercy died the instant Rez was completed, except that in the 1.0 version Rezzing 5 people was a death wish and often left your teammates scattered while the enemy had time to re-position themselves and take note of who was rezzed and their location.

Mercy’s Mass Rez only began being a problem when she got invulnerability during and slightly after Rez, because it was then she could truly bring back a full team of 6 instead of sacrificing herself for 5 other people.

14 Likes

Hiding is bad

Sombra has infinite stealth

She can always be hiding

Sombra is bad

Now I’m Sad

17 Likes

Sombra’s existence is a strange one.

1 Like

Hiding with an ability that brings back the maximum amount of 5 players.

But has a large detect radius.

When she decloak, she holds a megaphone and shouts.

Ehh, debatable.

Take this then

2 Likes

I disagree personally, but I honestly really hate reworks in general, so to each their own

Icon and name check out.

Nothing to see here, folks.

1.0 was fine, 2.0 is terrible.

It’s called Failkyrie for a reason.

9 Likes

Not in silver, I can decloak behind a widow, hack and almost kill them before they panic. Silver, lol

The amount of benefit she gets from hiding isn’t anywhere near as much as Mercy though.

So what about Junkrat, McCree and Hanzo. They can all Ult whole hiding and have a potenting 5 man kill

Just as Mercy 1.0 has a potential 5 man Rez

3 Likes

you could’ve just shoot her head looool

Me too, no revert, another rework would be ok though👌

3 Likes

Umm, McCree can’t hide while ulting. It still takes forever to lock on though.

That’s the difference you’re forgetting about all 3 other ults, Mercy’s is instantaneous without a LoS restriction. No other ult does that. The full effect instantly happens with no delay.

McCree has to lock on and gets slowed, Hanzo has a cast delay and his ult is a slow-ish linear whatever you want to call it, I’d say it’s a projectile, and Junkrat’s tire can be heard and destroyed pretty easily once you get aiming down. He also can’t move and once you use it it announces your position. When he ults it’s pretty easy to tell where the tire came from.

As Mercy? Push Q. That’s it.

3 Likes

Agreed. They reworked mercy for a reason.

This ain’t hide and seek.

1 Like

I am against insta rez.
Cast time
LoS

Are a must.
Plus it should only be 2 or 3

Just replace it at this point

The second paragraph in and you’re already antagonising those who urge for a rework. I suddenly don’t want to read on and potentially waste my life.

They’re going to pull the, “But Mass Resurrect requires pre-thinking, coordination, and it’s countered so easily!” so be ready.