1.0 Mercy is unhealthy

Her fast charging ult had utility and she still had damage boost… Which is still more than Moira and Moira has an E. The problem wasn’t that Ana had more utility than her; she also had way more healing, way more damage, movement speed on nano, and antinade. I can’t remember if it had a bigger radius, did more damage, or had a lower cooldown at the time, too. I think it was a combo of them

1 Like

Except previously, Mercy only ever had heals, dmgb, GA and Resurrect. Imo, her kit was lacking which then explains why her only use in pro tournaments back then was to pocket a Pharah.

Mercy had the same amount of abilities than Moira does now but with more variety. For all intents and purposes, damage boost could have been on E and shooty gun could have been on right click and you can see now that launch mercy still had, essentially, an E. Damage boost is a separate ability than her heal even though it’s channeled the same way, much like discord and harmony orb. That’s why she didn’t have an E at launch.

1 Like

Without res Mercy would be meaningless, why would you pick a hero that require your teammate to actively spend resources on you in order to keep you alive over someone who can simply kill or walkaway from whoever coming for you. We want mercy to be in a better and more reasonable spot not the bin, I am no Mercy main cause I suck at her but I definitely want seeing her around, well I like Mercy mains.

1 Like

Yeah but if the only think you can do as Mercy is heal whereas Moira can do equal parts damage, then it makes sense that Mercy’s kit, in particular, is lacking. Also, I think to compensate for the lack of damage, they gave her damage boost.

1. Falls in line with her pacifist nature.
  2. Makes her kit less stale and boring. I personally would not want to heal for the entirety of the game.

This current Mercy isnt good either. She out works all the healers, and has been nerfed 10 times, and a 11th on the way. More are going to come cause rez on cooldown wont work. Rez needs to be a ult some way.

1 Like

It’s not really equal parts damage, but utility is non-damage, non-healing, non-mobility… Capability. Moira has none of it. Mercy has more of it than Ana, too. The only thing you can do as Mercy isn’t just healing. You can damage boost, you can juke, you (could) rez. It isn’t really lacking anything–you said it yourself: damage boost compensates for the lack of direct damage.

1 Like

Moira can kill. 20 char

Weirdly, all the buffs to her are unjustifiable then (invul buff).

It seems to me the justification was that they were trying to bring mercy to Ana’s level then later realized that it was a bad idea to allow that power creep

Can’t quote your name bc it has a bad word in it. anyway
Mercy has a gun. But she doesn’t have to most of the time; her escape is generally reliable

Or it was because of ”Suicide Res”. Now it’s a matter of choosing.

I would be fine with valk being counterable if valk was even worth using in 9 cases out of 10. valk, with the latest mercy nerf, will be overpowered by Lucio’s Amp it Up, that’s how weak it is.

not a single person on these forums is advocating for this situation. In fact, most posts are asking for 1.0 mercy with added restrictions and a 50% damage reduction.

now here’s the big issue. Mercy teaches people game sense and ult management. If you throw out 6 ults on a 6v5 fight, that’s bad ult management. Even with invulnerability, if you saved 1 dps ult you just rewiped the team that was just revived. You might say that it’s hard to notice the Mercy is missing in the middle of a fight, but that’s game sense.

I would love to see mass res come back, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. What we need instead is to fix Valk so that it’s not just an ability with a charge meter.

1. Rez needs to be tied to valk, it’s too powerful to be a basic ability. So lock it behind valk, give 2 charges of rez when the mercy ults that disappear at the end of the ult.
  2. With rez locked behind valk, Mercy needs mid fight potential, so give her an ability that increases her healing for a short time. My personal favorite is the idea of a guardian angel ability that gives 1.5x all of her heals to a target (so if I use the ability on reinhardt and turn to heal D.va, I heal D.va for 50 hp/s and reinhardt gets 1.5x that).
  3. Valk, even with rez tied to it, needs to be more impactful, so increase Mercy’s heals under valk from 50 hp/s to 75 hp/s and decrease the duration to 10 seconds.
  4. Because valk is now incredibly powerful, it needs a higher ult charge. It should have the highest ult charge of any other ult because of Mercy’s consistency. She gains ult charge faster than any other hero, so the overall ult charge needed has to be increased so that she isn’t getting her ult from 1 minute of healing.
1 Like

Neither. This Mercy will always be an absolute abomination and Mercy 1.0 will always be OP in low ranks and UP or trash high ranks. As it should be.

Mercy 2.0 has proven 11 times over that she will be a must-pick in ALL ranks. That makes no sense for an entry-level hero. At least Mercy 1.0 became trash and the least picked support in high ranks.

But that being said, Mercy 1.0 is the Widowmaker of ultimates. It would ALWAYS be trash in one rank and godly in another.

1 Like

Other way around but I can understand your reasoning.

1 Like

It wasn’t the other way around. In masters and GM, Mercy pick rate dropped drastically from around a 13% pickrate in many lower ranks to 5% in masters and GM, being the lowest pick, because in high ranks she was bad. People know how to strategize in higher ranks and work around the enemy Mercy, bait her Res, or kill her before the fight.

1 Like

Yeah, my mistake. Mercy 1.0 was never overpowered to begin with.

2 Likes

Give the enemy the chance to interrupt big mass-rez there you go I fixed the problem.

Another rework would be nice at this point tho.

1 Like

Jelly, you are officially a member of a warlike Asiatic nomadic people who invaded and ravaged Europe in the 4th–5th centuries, AKA: a hun
Look it up, it’s the definition of hun xD
I didn’t know you were 1600 years old :open_mouth:

1 Like

3 Likes

Lol that’s one way to look at it😂

1 Like