〽 Sym 3.0: worse pickrate than 2.0, winrate DOWN 7%

A couple things to consider:

• When profiles went to friends only by default, it also made online profiles private, which is what Overbuff relies on. So Overbuff got locked out of previous data it had access to.
  • Less people are playing. Queue’s are taking minutes rather than seconds now.
1 Like

This was my general experience as well - people rarely knew how to really capitalize on having me play Symmetra, but I was able to be effective enough with her that it didn’t matter. I was still able to do things, even with a team that frankly didn’t even want me to succeed because I was a ‘troll pick’. Then I’d get three gold metals and POTG and it’d be crickets.

These days when I get a win with Sym, it feels so cheap I might as well be playing Bastion. If I lose, it feels like I got rolled without much opportunity to do anything. There’s no give and take with her anymore, I’m either constantly dead or not and that’s just… Not what I’m looking for in a character. I like it to be an even fight, not a smash and grab.

2 Likes

This. Her versatility and capability of swinging a game is pretty much gone. She was already heavily team reliant in order to do well with her, now she is flat out dependent on her team.

I really didn’t care if the value I brought to the team by playing Sym wasn’t appreciated or went unnoticed, because I knew exactly what I was doing. As did the enemy team normally. Why else would I get solo grav’d, shattered, WH, etc (more ults have been directed at me playing Sym than I’ve ever had thrown at me while playing Mercy) unless I was that much of a pain to play against for the enemy?

3 Likes

Originally her primary and survivability we’re the main problem. But with the current buff to ranged dmg she’s gonna take a stealth nerf to survivability as well as pickrate.

Why pick her in the dmg slot when you have DPS that are consistent at various range and have variation of CC, sustain, or better burst damage. Also those DPS can counter. She needs to be strong in a job department not a gimmick niche.

Area denial, utility, or damage? Teleporter still to clunky and if spotted by the enemy your telegraphing yourself to Port to a trap, storm arrowz, rocket punch and more.

1 Like

Ugh… I’m not arguing for the sake of arguing like someone playing devil’s advocate.

I’m arguing because I love the new kit, and I want to see appropriate changes made to it based on the actual problems she has, so that it can shine. I don’t want changes being made based on kneejerk feedback that declares her new kit a dumpster fire while idolizing the old kit that made her the most hated hero in the game.

It used to be that Symmetra mains all worked as hard as they could to make a kit work despite the rest of the world told us it was terrible. Yeah, there was some request for attention, but it was occasional and didn’t overwhelm the discussion.

Now, it seems like half of us are continuing to do that with the new kit, while the other half are putting all that effort into dragging down the new kit in an attempt to get the old kit back, get another completely new kit, or just get huge buffs with no regard for the effects on the game.

1 Like

Have you considered the idea that maybe some players are going to just like the old kit better than the new one, and no amount of you liking it will change how they feel about it?

I mean, it’s great that people love to eat Asparagus, good on them, but I can’t stand the stuff. Does that mean asparagus is objectively bad because I don’t like it? No - the arguments we’ve put forth are a COMPARISON of her old and new kits, so while it’s great FOR YOU that YOU like her new kit and YOU find it to synergize, there are obviously many people who DISAGREE with your opinion.

I find her new kit weak, jarring, and difficult to utilize compared to her old playstyle. I understand this is an opinion. I think I’ve put forth some very good points comparing her old and new kit and playstyle, and I still think that new Symmetra is a weird lopsided creature-thing that is both OP and too weak all at once and I dislike playing her. Great on you that you like it, but don’t tell people they have to like it just because you do.

3 Likes

Sure. And when people express that kind of sentiment, I offer my condolences and move on. I may point out the issues that motivated the change, as that’s what helped me over my grief for the old kit. But that’s about the extent of it.

However, this thread isn’t “I’m sad we lost old Symmetra.” This thread is “New Sym is worse than ever, here’s a bunch of misinterpreted stats, and calls for huge changes!” When you’re calling for changes, you’ve left the realm of personal opinion. Now you have to justify why something needs to change based on a broader perspective than your personal distaste for a hero.

This thread starts out with number calculations and statistics and such and calling for buffs and changes based on that. And it’s continued to be a discussion back and forth about statistics and the strengths of a kit and what needs to change. If you just want to share your feelings on the kit and lament the loss of the old kit without engaging in a back-and-forth focused on what should actually change, then you’re kinda in the wrong thread.

1 Like

I am just saying that there is a couple of songs about Sym and most of them include something of the lyric “Hold left click to win” but oh well I will bow and let your wisdom bow me out

People forget she was 70% winrate or smthn due to her extremely limited use…

Have you noticed she’s played more now? That’s why her win % is down, it’s averaging out.

Kind of like at the start of a season, since you have so little games played, you either have like a 20% winrate, or 80%, but it gradually balanced it’s self out.

She got a small bump (not even a spike) after her re-release into competitive, but it’s back to the old numbers now.

So, no. She isn’t being picked more.

2 Likes

Reduce teleporter cast time and reduce the time to charge her primary fire. Boom, fixed

You are so deluded it is almost cute.

Sym 2.0 pick rate was higher than current Sym 3.0 pick rate.
Sym 2.0 win rate was across all tiers 63% or so. Sym 3.0 win rate is below 53%.

As for your deluded claim that Sym 2.0’s win rate was because of the myth of her only being used in her one “good spot” buffing up the numbers of bad Sym OTP and Main users… Outside of Bronze level I have not heard of a single Sym 2.0 regular user who had a win rate as low as Sym 2.0’s average win rate for their tier. Every single Sym 2.0 player I know had a win rate far in excess of their tier’s average. Those people using her just for a single point were bringing Sym’s win rate down not up.

1 Like

I’d love to see your SR peak…

53% winrate is still in “Overpowered” category, 49-51% is considered balanced. Let it ride longer, it’ll lower.

Hoo boy. I said, the only way for Symm to go is up. I said it couldn’t possibly get any worse. Egg on my face, it did!

3 Likes

Pickrate does = viability. People play whats good, and the fact of the matter is Sym has never been good (at least in competitive).

Ber niche was not her ults–those were abilities that facilitated her niche and even then they werent even the main reasons she was good for chokes. It was her orbs, primary and barrier.

And idk what ur talking about tge ideathat Sym is better on attack now. Most Sym players I know have said she was always good on attack, shes just worse on defence now. If you ever thought Sym was bad on attack u mustnt be a very good Sym.

1 Like

LOL

I know what you are trying to say… but let’s be real for a moment shall we? New Sym is a total trash can. 2.0 wasn’t perfect but at least the kit felt cohesive and had a vision. 3.0 is a total mess and it is worse.

How many people do you hear complain about Photon Wall vs how many people did you hear complain about Shield Gen. That fact alone means that Sym had more impact on games with 2.0.

Don’t get me wrong, 2.0 needed work, but with some changes to her kit I think 2.0 would have been a better place to start tweaking vs doing a complete rework that is really just hilariously terrible. And obviously so, yet they still put her in comp with a joke for primary fire which should have been hot fixed instead of tested on the PTR

To be honest I have lost ALL faith in the Overwatch balance team a long long time ago.

At this point, we will need Sym 4.0

Also side note… did you know that when a hero is bugged in Paladins they completely remove them from the game until bugs are fixed instead of letting them be picked in comp matches?

Sym has bugs with her turrets and her TP (lets not even get started on Sombra or Rein) and yet they just let them be picked in comp anyway…

Its a joke at this point. No wonder why people are not playing Overwatch anymore.

Game balance 0/10

1 Like

Absolutely. Also, give her 1.000 health with 2.000 armor and 1.000 shield, and buff her turrets’ beam range to triple and let them just instantly kill anyone. Also, no cooldown on anything and ultimate is permanent and you can also stack them up. Anything else you want?

Nice slippery slope you put there. And of course, her turrets having 1 HP was more infuriating because D.va could sneak behind your team and spray at it from Widow distance and still break the turrets, or when enemy Junkrat is hitting your Rein, and the blast damage breaks the turret 5 meters up the wall. Not when someone turn around and break it, since that was expected (and still happens with 30 HP turrets).

But if I had to choose, I’d prefer 6 turrets with 30 DPS and 1 HP than 3 turrets with 50 DPS and 30 HP. As long as the throwing mechanism was added. To be fair, it didn’t even needed to be the throw mechanic, if it gave the placement range of 10m (same range as the turret beam), it would already be great because you would know if you can place a turret, someone walking exactly where you are will be hit by it.

2 Likes

New Sym is boring and should have been a NEW HERO!

Give me back Sym 2.0!

EDIT: As Genji main I can say: Stick wtih Sym 3.0 haha its a Genji nerf, old was so much harder to kill as Genji.

3 Likes

This. She is even more garbage then before, even more situational than before. At least before my primary was actually useful, orbs could pierce and the shield gen was legitimately useful. Current ultimate is just an abomination.

5 Likes