[✅ Today's Tank Balance ideas

I might need to try that out

[✓]

In trade you can try this website

https://unicodes.smpc.io/

i feel like hulk caused the removal of emojis with his fake :lock: threads…

3 Likes

It might be interesting if Winston couldn’t be crowd controlled while in Primal Rage, but at the same time it probably wouldn’t be good as there would be no good counterplay (beyond firing at Winston) against it. That said, I don’t really see a problem with doing this; outside of the fact that Stun and Freeze effects are short enough already. Sleep, however…

It’s all yours bud. It’s your signature after all heh.

Thanks will check that out

I might use this: [ Ԋ ]

1 Like

Yeah I figure that would be really OP given Primal’s duration and boop potential.

Mei in tank role

DPS and support players wanting shields are screaming internally rn

If you get DoubleOffTank, Mei can actually block ultimates for an entire team.

And diagonal walls can break any chokepoint

anyways i might need to work on my 3 tank concepts and make that new one i had an idea for

i wanted to make a main tank that does not use a shield, so i had an idea,

what about a tank that applies a buff on teammates that cause all allies to take 25-50% less damage from enemies that are beyond, lets say, 10-20 meters?

Could work as well.

Curious, what tanks do you see working against double shield in this scenario? Dive tanks?

DiveTanks, and Rein/Zarya or Sigma/Zarya.

Get into close range, and melt some faces.

[ Ӈ ]

last thing this game needs is stronger shields

It impresses me how often people can’t comprehend “maybe killing two barriers at close range, would be better than killing two barriers at medium range”.

Like you’re trying to put an idea in somebody’s head, and it just won’t fit.

I see.

I actually think armor is going that way regardless. The ExpCard change to Brigitte makes me think devs really, really, really, don’t want armored squishies outside of Rally (which has other support ults to compete with so it’s fine in there).

Devs know over-armor enabled dive, which OWL needs to move towards given the double shield dominance. To simply delete over-armor doesn’t make sense in that regard, particularly not when Jeff was in record saying “they were testing stuff for armor” makes me think something else is coming. Maybe armor will be a health gate, maybe percentage, maybe a mix of percentage + pellet based, maybe even something that takes damage per pellet but only if above a certain threshold_… Dunno.

1 Like

Hey Grey. What are your thoughts about making barriers less essential by looking at burst dps?

Less barriers so people can play tanks that are more often thought of as fun such as ball, hog , Dva etc.

I know your armour change tries to address that but looking at the problem of powercreep at the top of of the dps category could be a better way to go. Or both.

I think unless they do something to drastically reduce the power of ranged burst damage, bionade, earthshatter, and ult charge feeding, we’re kinda stuck with barriers.

That said, it is possible to make it so that DoubleOffTank stands a fighting chance on Attack.

Could just buff them up a bit for HP.
Maybe make Hog vape into an AoE cleanse.

I ain’t Grey so pardon my interjection, but how does one nerf burst DPS? Practically speaking that is.

I don’t see much that can be done outside of maybe some Ashe reverts and McCree’s RoF - neither of which will stop their 3 tapping 200 HP heroes with bodyshots or deleting folk with crits.

Yup, probably means they have drastic changes in mind for Armor.

All of that was my point. Lets address the root cause of the issue.

The main issue with this is that once dps reach a certain skill threshold they just start killing your squishies too quickly for double off tank.

While ideas like this could work to make off tanks more viable it wouldn’t help to move us away from shields. Shields are boring for (based on queue times) most players.

The thing is, you’d probably lose a substantial chunk of the players if you did.

And you could probably find some other way to make DoubleOffTank less of a throw comp