[✅ Today's Tank Balance ideas

We’re so far down this route now that it’s difficult. Widow should have been given a power shift years ago but now Blizz have tried buffing other dps to match her instead. Result? Shields everywhere since you’ll just die without them. It would require huge changes to burst dps across the the board.

So we either start changing all tanks or start changing burst dps. Blizzard need to pick their poison.

Potentially yeah. However I’d argue that the game stands to lose more by letting queue times stay as they are or increase.

The issue of tanks is fun to play. Buff them to the heavens but if they’re still fundamentally shield bots not many will play them.

I mean, your could just buff offtanks a lot

They are usually limited by cooldowns

How would one even start?

You could. But would that help when you still require a shieldbot for your supports to not get shot in the face as soon as they move?

Lol, could buff Rez.

I dont even know anymore. We’re so far into this now.

If I were given Jeffs job for the day I’d probably just revert everything back a couple of years and start again.

That wont happen though so I’d just go with nerfing the top dps picks back down to earth and start again. Probably rework Widow too.

Could do but you see my point over all of this? Tanks are being held hostage by the burst in the game. Fix burst and fixing tanks becomes easy.

It took over 2 years to give Mercy 5 HP/s.

Blizz will buff Moira back to 80 HP/s and give skill orb 100 DPS before anything good happens to Res.

That’s why I figure, just take the framework already there, and make it work.

Rather than trying to entirely restructure the need for barriertanks.

I’m just struggling to see how you play around dying in a second or less without shields. It doesn’t matter how strong your tanks are if your supports or dps are dead.

I try to avoid reinventing the wheel.

I just design a slightly better wheel.

Gentle reminder that all support utilities that dissuade one-shot kill were nerfed like heck. Res might as well not be there for it’s only used 6 times per game, Immortality Field was nerfed so hard it’s a shell of its former self now and Brig’s over-heal threshold was lowered to 50 which gave Widow and Hanzo their one shots back.

Ironically, armor pack with an overheal and 20% damage blocked, would be great at blocking instant kills

Even better if it was that “health gate”.
Where if you got a Widow headshot, with 1 armor, and 400hp.

It would do 1 damage

Been on that band wagon ever since goats.

I reckon over-armor has been deleted as a precursor to armor chanes.

I assume you mean 50 armor and 100 health, right?

Having a tank with a healthpool of 300HP is a bad idea.

I get it and that is often the correct thing to do. In this case I’m not convinced that it would help address queue times enough to be worth the effort.

I’m just trying to nudge you towards addressing dps as well as tanks :sweat_smile:

The trick is it’s 250hp+50armor.

And the changes to armor would mean that a Widow headshot would do 240 damage, if there’s 1 point of armor involved

`Ha, amateurs`
`Though to the OP:  Buffing armour that way would make it broken`
1 Like

Its 5.
Its 5/50%/20%