✅ Mercy, If Devs are looking for ideas

This seems like a pretty decent compromise for Mercy changes.

Mercy

Caduceus Staff:

• 60 healing per second

Valkyrie:

• 80hps center beam, 50hps chain beam
  • 10 sec duration

Gives that healing increase Mercy mains have been focused on for over a year. Makes Valk feel impactful, with less boring autopilot. (Beam juggling)
And a few nerfs thrown in to balance it out.
(Valk kinda overstays itself at 15sec anyways)

Optional nerf, if this is too much, is to down her damage boost to 25%.

17 Likes

Mercy doesn’t even need big buffs.
At most she could use +10 hps and her ult animation to not cancel her beam.

23 Likes

Even though I want more, these changes are really good stepping stones to greatness

2 Likes

I honestly just want 60hps back! I’ll never “whine” about Mercy again if they just gave us back 60hps :confounded:

23 Likes

16 Likes

Juggling beam during Valkrie is something better than current Valkrie, it’s more skillful.

5 Likes

I second this.

Moth meta PTSD folk can haggle for 70/35 main/beam.

Another lovely GreyFalcon idea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

These are pretty hard buffs though, and I feel like a small % nerf to damage boost may be required to compensate for the base healing buff.

1 Like

Yeah, 25% damage boost could work, if needed.

6 Likes

I actually agree with this. I wouldn’t buff her ult, personally. Other than ult animation cancel thing.

6 Likes

Even during moth meta, damage boost was never an issue.

Why nerf it just because these buffs would make her the main healer she’s supposed to be? Even a small nerf to damage boost would just be pointless. Why nerf something that’s perfectly balanced?

6 Likes

If that’s what it takes to get people to not freakout about

MOTH META 3.0

Then it’s worth it.

1 Like

Damage boost actually was the issue. They gutted her viability to keep it. A big reason pros were using Mercy was for damage boost and they even suggested -5% damage boost over the hps nerf.

Double Damage Amp at the time was just better than what other healing duos offered.

Smart move, considering people are still freaking out about it when someone mentions 60 hps Mercy lol

Except it makes her problems of lack of impact worse right?

The damage boost is where the impact of her kit is. It is where most of the skill expression is.

3 Likes

I honestly would trade any of the following (but not all of the following) for it.

Rez cooldown increase
Damage Boost decrease
Valkyrie duration decrease
Valkyrie ult charge reduction

It probably caps her viability in GM/Pro a bit.
But the goal is to avoid having Mercy be the top healer in GM/Pro.

So that works.

1 Like

It does but at the same time double damage amp should simply be on par with other healer synergies not necessarily better than them. So that Mercy is used in dive metas but maybe not as often in other one.

I don’t think -5% damage boost hurts her as badly as having no healer synergies.

Anymore than that would be too much

It caps her ability to climb.

You remove skill expression from her, and climbing with her, because harder than it already is.

It is already crazy hard compared to other supports.

It doesn’t work.

Zen can buff his ENTIRE team with discord, which happens in every brawl comp. Mercy is STILL single target, she is also single target healing.

Zenyatta’s orb has already been nerfed.