[✅] Earthshatter causes DoubleBarrier?

I was thinking a bit in another thread, and back to an old meme I made.

Orisa, individually, isn’t that good at blocking Earthshatter.
Which leads to either Rein meta, or multiple barriers.

Thoughts?

Guess I was wrong, Sigma is fine for that, I probably need to play Sigma more.

4 Likes

People aren’t going double shields for the sole reason of not getting shattered though.

15 Likes

This is really a stretch. It’s not a thing people are thinking about when picking Double Shield.

1 Like

I think it is because

A: So much damage
B: Simga and orisa can shoot while their shields are up

9 Likes

Did Double Barrier become popular b4 shield nerfs?

If not, then that’s the actual reason why it was popular.

a game where people spam so much damage, where all of the objectives are always “stay in this small location”, is going to favor picking stuff that lets you completely block that damage, since you can’t heal through one shots, and since healing can never be as strong as damage, since that would just be… bad

shatter isn’t going to be the only reason

1 Like

It’s not the main reason, but it’s certainly a consideration.

That’s not why, otherwise Orisa/rein wouldn’t have been an awful comp before sigma. Dive doesn’t care about shatter, and a good Orisa can bait shatter easily.

Double barrier comes because it had good sustain and good damage at short to mid-range, meaning only snipers and flyers can deal with it effectively.

People go shield because if they have a shield, they can hit you but you can’t hit them.

Nay, Double Barrier is there cuz Sigma and Orisa’s kits are over-tuned, basically, Rein just also gets the short end of the stick on his ult cuz of that yea.

All the times I blocked shatter myself beg to differ. Sigma is way better than Orisa cause easily reposition his shield. Close it away, Rein walks in, shield in front of him.

Fair, but Orisa has always sucked at it. Which is part of why Mei was used so much before Sigma. Because she can block shatter.

Double barrier was meta before the shield nerfs, I think they were nerfed hardest in response to bunker.

Buffs to rein brought it back with a vengeance.

Not sure why orisa is the meta, for the ranged attack and halt on the genji?

its possible,

however this could easily be fixed if Orisa fortify acted as a solid object and blocked earthshatter.

sigma can block it quite reliably but if you want to you can make kinetic grasp i guess, but thats inconsistent

id rather you reduce the shield HP, and remove the recall delay, that will make it really good at blocking

If this was the case, then Orisa wouldn’t have been meta before Sig came out.

1 Like

I mean it’s not the only reason but shields are pretty much the best way to stop most the CC in the game. Blocking line of sight for things like hack, a second of shield dancing will reset the Mei freeze etc.

I will say shatter is pretty strong. Goes much further than you think and easily travels under and over the payload now… I really don’t think it should go as far as it does at times.

orisa was considred bad for most of the games life, frankly

Any decent sigma can block shatter without much trouble… Any good Rein knows when to shatter a sigma. There is counter play involved and it’s not as you suggest… Rein will not win 100% of hte time against double shield >.>’

??

sigma is the easiest tank to block shatter

even easier than rein

besides, shatter is the last thing people care about when they pick double shield

I would say Anti nade is more of a reason that shields are so prevalent

1 Like