[✅ Buffing Orisa/Sigma firepower, but not

So a couple of these design idea’s I’ve been throwing around some ideas on redesigning Orisa/Sigma.

Generally it goes:

1. More vulnerable at close range
  2. More Barrier
  3. More Firepower

• (Because this would directly make BarrierTanks more popular)

That said, here’s an idea to:

1. Buff the effective firepower of Orisa/Sigma at medium range
  2. But not buff the effective firepower of Orisa/Sigma at close range

Orisa:
Primary Fire = 20% increased projectile speed.

Sigma:
Primary Fire = 20% increased projectile speed.

Result:
Increases the “effective” firepower quite a lot at medium range. Because it’s a lot easier to land your shots.
But does next to nothing about changing their firepower at close range.
Oh yeah, but it also doesn’t inflate their firepower against Barriers.

1 Like

I don’t wanna turn you down, but when a problem has a lot of “solutions” it’s because none of them deal with the problem very well.

An effective solution is easy to spot. In tanks’ case I guess there’s no clear solution and all of the options just change something here and there on the surroundings, not effectively in the root of the problem.

I don’t know what feedback to give to you about this changes this time.

3 Likes

I could live with their self defense, defensive abilities taking a hit if their weapons were more reliable.

The biggest reason why they need stronger self defense abilities is because their weapons hold them back in that range. Though as intentional as I imagine it may be, it could still work to help weaken double barrier comps.

More focus on offense with less focus on defense, but without just crippling them by exchanging self defense for team defense.

I was mostly intrigued by the idea that this could “Selectively” buff their medium range firepower. Without buffing their close range defenses.

Which is a lot more interesting than just a flat firepower increase.

Just didn’t occur to me that the attacks from AnchorTanks are all melee or projectiles.

Could even put Rein onto the buff bandwagon, with a projectile speed increase to FireStrike.

Well, I don’t think Rein would need that. Disregarding any current usage or stats, the only things he could really trade for that are steadfast or his barrier, and I don’t think any Rein players would really dig that.

If we’re talking defense for offense anyways, those are the things Rein could trade.

Faster balls on sigma by 20% would be pretty devastating.

I’d love it tbh, but what else would he have to give up for it?

Orisa, sounds great to me.

What’s also interesting about projectile speed changes, is it is a lot more “granular” than firepower changes.

Maybe 20% is too much but 9% is just right. Or 11.56%

But if you increase Orisa firepower by 1 damage, it’s 7%. 2 damage it’s 14%. Not really any room for a middleground.

If you wanted to buff Sigma at long range but nerf short range, all you’d need to do is directly buff his damage, particularly the splash damage since it hurts him as well.