✅ BarrierTank variety would be good

Her not being Reinhardt.

Apparantly.

Oh yeah , that’s right, it would probably be Junkrat instead

honestly the bigger problem i find is that barrier tanks renders double nonbarrier-tank compositions irrelevant which makes barrier tanks a must have and therefore limit player choice which in of itself is a bad game design problem to have.

i think if they can solve that design problem, a lot more people would be willing to play tanks and they could apply a similar solution for supports as they also fall into this trap.

however… i’m not 100% that it is a problem with the game itself but in reality it might be a community perception problem as to force upon themselves arbitrary rules that they don’t necessarily have to follow.

1 Like

Junkrat being used to shoot barriers?
Junkrat being used at all outside Bronze/Silver?

You keep saying good things, as if they are bad things.

I’m stating how DS would be useless by stating examples of how easily barriers can be destroyed nowadays

Now that I think about it, buffing single barrier comps would also make double off tanks even less viable

I mean, I did figure that one out.
✅ [Brawler Role] DPS Queue Fix

You’d have two queues running in parallel using the same players for both (except barriers)

You’d have:
1BarrierTank-1OffTank-2-2 vs
1BarrierTank-1OffTank-2-2

Or you’d have
2OffTank-2-2 vs
2OffTank-2-2

The matchmaker would try to build as many 1BarrierTank-1-2-2 games as it can, then the rest would be 2OffTank-2-2 games.

I don’t think we would even need shield rebalancing if dive comps came back. Double shield is inherently weak to dive since they are relying on shields. The issue before though was the supports healing a bunker or double barrier comp enough that dive wasn’t considered worth it.

I think at the point we are now, if Reinhardt gets dethroned and people actually learn dive comps again, then the tank lineup will be in a good place.

It’s useless if all you do is just idlely stand by and apathetically watch the enemy team burn down your barriers.

You’re supposed to be shooting the enemy too.

The only thing that will be affected is the barriers. But im all up for buffing their other abilities. Like making Grafitic Flux and usable ult. If you are running two shields, well yes they wont be AS durable, but it wouldn’t stop the composition entirely

he was joking. She has CC, she’s like a borderlands raid boss, its boring.

I think you got a Diamond and above mindset on that. Which is good.

But only 15% of the Comp population is at Diamond and above. Where Dive is something they can coordinate without pulling teeth.

And Comp is less than half of the total player population. So that’s more like 7%.

:man_shrugging:

Everyone complains about Doomfist, I see a fair number of Ball complaints, people love playing Genji and D.va, Mercy and Lucio are popular.

If Winston can gain momentum in the people’s minds then I don’t think double barrier comps would be the huge issue they were before in today’s Overwatch

Woo, another round of DS :roll_eyes:

It makes them worse and discourages people from playing them, just like you stated earlier

but this fixes nothing really? you just force the matchmaker to seperate double off-tanks from barrier tanks, in reality you would have to qeue either as main or off-tank and be limited to a smaller pool of characters anyways doing this.

honestly i think the game just needs to be looked at differently and figured out to an extent that you could run double off-tanks into barrier tanks without it being seen as a penalty to your team for having double off-tanks.

and for that to happen i think there needs to be some matches with pros showing that it can be done even at the highest level and it isn’t a fluke and that it could be applicable down the regular ladder aswell.
wether they need to change some of the off-tanks for this to happen is a different story, but it might be necessary but it also might not be.

Those are Dive heroes but “that’s not Dive”.

Even picking all “Dive Heroes” doesn’t mean the team is pulling off the strategy right.

You seem to be alternating between
“THIS MAKES DOUBLE BARRIER USELESS”

And
“THIS MAKES DOUBLE BARRIER TOO META”

Well I know that, but picking any comp doesn’t mean utilizing the strategy right

Double barrier comps can fail easily if Sigma uses up his shield while Orisa’s is still out for instance

Winston’s barrier is perfect right now, plz don’t buff/nerf it.

You assumed I was taking about DS. I was talking about the other main tank combinations

I also stated that double off tank would be even worse than usual

The other combinations would have much better regen though.

That said it might make it so that you have DoubleBarrier on Defence, and something different on Attack.

But again, that’s unheard of gameplay variety, where both teams aren’t running a mirrormatch.

_

Also the nice part about a system like this is that it can be balanced. There’s enough knobs and levers to directly target things if needed.

Ideally they could get to a point where DoubleBarrier and SingleBarrier are equal in strength.

It would, but not by much compared to a current version of Rein comps versus DoubleOffTank.

What?

Not likely.
There will always be a magic comp, there will always be a META. METAs are most of the time mirrored.

Exactly

I doubt it

Plus 2 off tanks would be terrible