✅ BarrierTank variety would be good

Well i dont agree with some of the things OP had, but i agree with the feature existing in the first place

Sounds like you didn’t read the balance idea then.

The idea would be to buff up BarrierHP, and only adjust Cooldown/Regen rates midgame.

And what about the 1 sec CD for Sigma barrier? Keep it?

They just need a buff to Orisa/Sigma. Also, they aren’t played quite the same as Rein. Orisa is more of a defensive shield tank, and Sigma can be a more aggressive shield tank (basically Sigma is attac shield, Orisa is protec shield, and Rein is best of both shield).

It’s a bad idea and will make filling extremely prevalent which then makes people not want to tank even more

I misread the HP part, my b. It’s a piece of stock paper on a 13 second cooldown

I think we’d want to do the suggested changes up top first, then see where the balance is.

But yeah, probably keep it.

1sec delay is a lot more reasonable when he’s rocking a 1500HP barrier.
Could probably cycle in a KineticGrasp before and after that too.

It’s 1800hp on the first push. (900+900)
Plus another 1500hp from Sigma.

That’s a lot of barrier. Sure it EVENTUALLY all cracks. But the game would be boring if you don’t eventually get to the “shoot the other guy” part of the fight.

Orisa doesn’t get 2 charges of shield so I’m not sure where you’re getting the 1800 from

Burst Orisa’s shield down and she has nothing for 10 seconds and is thus extremely vulnerable.

So you’re trying to bring DS back?

I cant tell if this is a joke or not.

1 Like

Come on dude, everybody who has played Orisa for more than 1 game knows that when you are playing on defence, you can drop one barrier, have that burn down, then place another one instantly.

And yes, it allows for double barrier, but it takes a lot of the power away from it. Initially it will be a strong option, but the fight won’t drag on after you get past the first round of broken barriers.

It’s not, Orisa is a fun part of this game, allowing totally different team compositions to work from Reinhardt. She is also fun to play, being a true anchor for the team is exciting.

1 Like

On the first push means that Orisa has a shield up and the cooldown is already good to go. You know, when the round starts

Or in KotH, when you kill the enemy team or kill enough that they need to regroup.

But even without that, you got:
Kinetic Grasp
900 barrier
1500 barrier
Kinetic Grasp

That’s only on the first push in most cases on defense, so not the majority of circumstances you would have when using orisa

So run heavy burst and GG

Sounds like a fun game of seeing which team can frag out better.

Instead of which team can cooldown each other to death.

Or who can run Hanzo Bastion Mercy the fastest

Bastion being used for his intended purpose? And that’s a bad thing?

Seriously, it’s more barrier overall than we currently have, but somehow you think it’s less?

Her not being Reinhardt.

Apparantly.

Oh yeah , that’s right, it would probably be Junkrat instead

honestly the bigger problem i find is that barrier tanks renders double nonbarrier-tank compositions irrelevant which makes barrier tanks a must have and therefore limit player choice which in of itself is a bad game design problem to have.

i think if they can solve that design problem, a lot more people would be willing to play tanks and they could apply a similar solution for supports as they also fall into this trap.

however… i’m not 100% that it is a problem with the game itself but in reality it might be a community perception problem as to force upon themselves arbitrary rules that they don’t necessarily have to follow.

1 Like

Junkrat being used to shoot barriers?
Junkrat being used at all outside Bronze/Silver?

You keep saying good things, as if they are bad things.