✅ Armor = 20% Resistance, & Discord changes

• There’s been a lot of talk about how Devs are investigating changes to Armor.
  • And how rapidfire damage is so much weaker than burst damage this game.
  • There’s also issues on how Devs deal with DoubleBarrier balance making SingleBarrier too weak.

Devs could solve all these issues by making some small adjustments:

Armor:

• Blocks 20% of damage received
    • Effect applies to all damage in a single attack, even if there’s only 1 point of armor involved.

This would apply to all sources of armor in the game, including Orisa, D.va, Rein, Winston, Bastion, Torb, and Brig.

And it would completely replace the current damage reduction math on armor.

This would make it so that Armor is more of a deterrent to long range burst damage, instead of being focused on negating close range Dive/Rush damage.

Additionally:

Zenyatta

Orb of Discord

• Can now be applied to enemy players behind enemy barriers.

Two simple changes. Really big meta impact.

That would push the game towards rushing into brawl, instead of sniping poke battles of attrition.

6 Likes

So a hero has 20% damage resistance as long as they have at least 1 point of Armor in their Hitpoint pool?

It’s not the cleanest idea, but it would be interesting to see how it shakes things up.

1 Like

Why do you conjunct so many words? It’s an absolutely unbearable affectation.

1 Like

Well

1. The Armor already reducts damage at 1 armor

2. I dont think all damage should be reducted the same

Burst damage will still be the best, Armor is only a problem because Brigitte can hand it to everyone with the exact same
properties.

armor doesnt need any changes, to be honest

THis would make soldier76 more busted than he already is…yes i said it, he is overtuned

1 Like

Well, beam weapons already take out a flat 20%.

And I’m sure you can see how this would flip the game towards rapidfire and
shotgun based weapons. I.e. Close range weapons.

Which is exactly the types of weapons that should be melting DoubleBarrier.

Since killing DoubleBarrier at medium/long range is way too much blue rectangles to be reasonable. So it has to be close range.

2 Likes

But only Orisa possesses Armor, unless you mean Reinhardt DB

This would apply to all sources of armor in the game, including Orisa, Rein, Winston, Bastion, Torb, D.va and Brig.

And it would completely replace the current damage reduction math on armor.

I think the Armor change would actually just make Brig busted again, I’d just like a 10%-20% Damage Reduction on Tanks depending on the character.

1 Like

I dont know why the devs are even looking at brig

like, wow, lucio isnt dominating as an off tank for once, this has to be corrected…

srsly, i dont see why brig is a problem right now

2 Likes

Or just make sure its only for natural armor

Its not hard

Depends, armor currently acts like a 50% damage reduction against Reaper/Tracer/Sombra.

So having only 20% would be a buff to close range damage.

isnt tracer and sombra the top picks right now…? why would we be buffing them?

1 Like

I like it, at least enough to see how it pans out on an experimental card. I think armor inevitably needs to be along those lines though, reigning in burst damage in particular, since its naturally the best type of damage.

Or, devs already said they want to change Brig. And making Lucio, Brig and Zen all be strong options would be good for the game.

The top picks are all ranged burst damage.

Snipers and Sniperish heroes.

With a Hanzo stormarrow damage buff incoming.

Wouldnt it be better to just…nerf these overperforming heroes though…like Mccree and Ashe are very clearly busted because they got buffed to keep up with widow inestead of beeing given a sidegrade…

Also, very curious difference i just noticed

in OWL, we got Echo Mei Tracer and Sombra

and ladder we got Mccree Ashe tracer widow.

intresting comparision to keep in mind

buuuut ladder matters more for me. so i just think they should nerf them

20% is exactly enough to still let Hanzo one-shot (250*0.8=200). Was that intentional?

Brigitte is already getting a lot of flak for being too strong. Wouldn’t this make her more of a must-pick? Ditto for Tracer. She’s currently very strong, and changing armor this way would make her even stronger.

They tried that Discord change on PTR once. It never made it to live.

1 Like

He’d literally be doing 1 more damage per bodyshot against armor. Meanwhile, his headshots would deal 3 less damage, and his Helix Rockets would drop from 115 to 96.

2 Likes

Not really, because the amount of nerfs needed would make a lot of people leave the game.

Simple relatively invisible mechanics changes are much better.

Especially since these changes are aimed at higher tiers, not so much lower tiers.