"You were Disconnected from Blizzard Services" after "authenticating" in HOTS login process (EU+NA)

I have been unable to log into HOTS since 6/27/2020 with the error message “You were disconnected from Blizzard services.” after the “Authentication: Connecting” bit of the login process launching from a logged-in battle.net launcher.

When trying to login afterwards with my BNet username/password + auth, it prompts for 2fa and I confirm and then it gives the same error after an “Authentication: Connecting” throbber pops up.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling HOTS, attempting login in different regions (EU and NA had the same issue), and logging out and back into my Battle.net client.

None of my firewall rules have changed recently and a MTR to 185.60.112.157 shows no increased packet loss or latency compared to normal.

Battlenet Beta version: 1.22.0.12041
HOTS Version: 2.51.0.80333

I didn’t notice any updates between when I was able to log in fine and when the problem started. I checked my BNet account to see if something was wrong with my account status but everything looks fine.

Not really sure why I can’t log into my account but would appreciate if someone could help me debug. I love HOTS!

Thanks!

EDIT:
After looking through the previous forums, looks like being on Win10 Insider track seems to be causing issues with HOTS. My Windows 10 Insider is on Build 20152.1000 . I’m going to roll back my build to before the update I made yesterday and see if that resolves my issue, will post an update here afterwards.

EDIT 2:
Successfully rolled back to Build 19645.1
Launched HOTS from BNet Launcher and the “Authentication: Connecting” passed successfully, back to the game without any issues.

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping the post updated! Glad to hear that you were able to fix up the issue :slight_smile:

We’ve seen similar issues with StarCraft II and possibly with Starcraft: Remastered. The insider preview is something that the Technical Support team is aware of, but insider previews as they are on a testing phase for Windows is not supported by Blizzard Technical Support. Technical Support can only support the current live version of Windows which like build 19041, 18363, 18362. We’ll keep a look out on our end to see if our Heroes of the Storm team may be aware of the insider preview issues before it’s official release.

Thanks again for sharing and updating, QwertyLegend!

This has been addressed with Windows Insider build 20161, released on July 1, 2020. I confirmed I was able to log in and play with this new version installed. :smiley:

Appreciate the update! While windows insider is not supported by Blizzard’s Technical Support, we’ve seen positive reports with 20161 as well with StarCraft II!