You play heroes of the storm since when?

early 2017, when they had the For Azeroth! promotion

i just couldn’t resist a free kitty mount :cat:

Since Chromie release.

1 Like

Since Tassadar rework.
Really funny time to join Hots :unamused:

2 Likes

I started when Artanis came out because i got him for free from buying Starcraft 2. Instantly was hooked.

Artanis was really bad back then though. You couldn’t do the blade dash flip combo. Now hes one of my favorite characters.

thats cool. my first game on hotslogs looks like this:

Garden of Terror 00:14:00 Gazlowe 7/13/2015 4:59:56 AM

…but in reality i actually have been here since Technical Alpha. i even have the max level in game gold colored alpha participation portrait :slight_smile:. the reason no games appear before this is HotsLogs wiped their database of all the closed Alpha/Beta games. so all that appears on there is the Open Beta and Release onward.

… i was out during the Beta Phases doing other things so I did not get max level during that. only maybe a few levels in the closed beta and then i left to do some stuff. :wink:

1 Like

I was at Blizzcon when it was announced. I honestly wasn’t excited for it, as I was pretty big into LoL at the time. But when I tried the demo on the show-floor, I was hooked. Arthas was the first character I played. I ran that line all weekend, I couldn’t get enough. lol

It was soon after that, I received an Alpha Key, and I’ve been playing ever since. :slight_smile:

In Beta, I think before Thrall’s release? Or right after. Don’t remember actually.

My first bought hero was Zaratul, followed by Abathur. :smile: my two darlings.

1 Like

A buddy of mine who I have 1000’s of games together has games recorded since 2014-10-20. Not sure if he actually started then or there’s still games missing. Unlike me, he never uploaded his own games.
Anyway, if you’re missing games between 2014-10 and 2015, then that’s most likely because they were not uploaded.

no definitely uploaded. i remember them wiping their database though. its possible though that since i cleared my replays i couldnt re-upload them either. maybe that is what happened with your buddy? i delete my replays after uploading them every now and then because if you let that stuff go on too long that folder gets pretty big.

1 Like

I mean I see his games from 2014-10-20 and I know he never uploaded a single game on his own - so they’re all uploaded by some1 else (he has only 12k games on hotslogs - missing over 3k overall, but those missing ones are spread out). If the games were deleted, it’s quite unlikely he would have any left for that period.
Anyway, I see first ever version of the game was introduced 2014-03-13 (so the oldest players, if any are still left from that day will soon see 5 years on their profile), but I don’t know anyone who played back then, so can’t really check their hotslogs (also I wonder when hotslogs itself was started).

P.S. Lucifron and Vortix have games recorded since 2014-10-09, Grubby since 2014-10-16, so I guess around that time are earliest games still available on hotslogs - either that was the reset you’re talking about or that’s when hotslogs was started. I’m pretty sure Lucifron and Vortix started earlier than that, since they were already winning tournaments for TL when I started Hots.

ya its a shame the profile isnt specific. like (years, months, days)
its too bad there isnt a /played function

I started playing when Leoric was added.

Since the Zagara launch in Alpha. Been hooked ever since. :slight_smile:

Edit: Dunno why I said Beta so made that correction.

I remember my first game was as malf… talent choices were based on hero level… when was that? alpha or locked beta?

I remember i didnt play for the better party of a year when preseaon was on. but have been fairly steady since.

Technical Alpha, first wave.

1 Like

Open beta if i remember right :slight_smile:

since I got an alpha invite. I think it was right around the time when Chen or Thrall was added to the game. I wasn’t into MOBA’s back then so I played like 3 games until a month before jaina was added and awhile before beta started with those massive waves of beta invites that blizz handed out.

Hots was fun in its infancy. Everyone used to rage thinking aba was afk… hammer was an assassin, Uther could attack in ghost form.

I played a few games in the beta, I think, because I have the “B” profile picture. I don’t think I played too much until the preseason started though.

I started playing around this time last year. I really grew to love this game. I try to play a few games everyday and I’m more than happy to buy gems and support the game. I hope this is just a down time and things will pick up if we keep playing, supporting the game and spreading the word of how fun it is!

Started in alpha, I was soooo happy to be invited!

Think it was after BW/Lili patch, definetly before Reghar.