Wired Microphone Problem

I just bought a new iMac. My gaming headset worked fine on my old iMac. And it works fine in other applications on the new iMac (including the battle net app and discord). But in HoTS the mic isn’t working. I can hear everything and other players talking. But in test and in voice chat it’s not picking up my mic.

I’ve tried going to Voice Chat settings in game and changing both inputs and outputs.

After insuring everything was correct in settings I’ve tried restarting HoTS, Battle net, and even the computer.

I’ve gone through a number of troubleshooting guides on here as well and can’t find an answer to this. It has me confused.

The headset is wired by USB straight to the computer. No bluetooth.

Under Security and Privacy>Privacy>Microphone there is no option to allow HoTS access to my microphone, only Discord, Steam, and Battle net. Perhaps this is the root of the problem?

Found the solution… open your game in windowed mode, then when prompted to join voice chat it will ask you for permission allowing you to give the game mic access. And now it will be populated in your privacy settings.

1 Like

Worked like a charm. Thank you! Now my friends won’t pester me about having to open discord in order to chat. You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.