Will butcher ever be a real hero?

Probably not, he essentially slaughters villagers for a living which isnt the greatest of virtues. He’d probably have to devote his eternal life to charity and then save the world or something.

1 Like

Blizzard should seriously just give butcher chop meat baseline

It won’t make him that toxic at lower levels but would do a lot for him at higher levels of play having better waveclear

Not if he plays like a Bruiser before those stacks and goes for solo lane or do dual soak. He has a great wave clear with his 1 talent.

Butcher is a melee AA since when do we use melee assassins as the second front?

Uh yes, “stuck for eternity on solo” butcher.

I think Butch needs two things to retool him a bit without losing al lthat is fun in the current kit

1. Rebalance the numbers for Fresh Meat stacks so that it functions closer to Alarak’s Sadism, particularly wit hthe fact that it’s a slower wind up not a huge burst that then becomes an issue the trad off for this is that he can lose stacks at any time and never becomes immune to losing his stacks

2. We do some tweaking in his talents for a special emphasis on survival that dosen’t rely solely on the brand, not sure what exactly I don’t have the tree in front of me but emphasise CC and survival over all the current talents that are based solely on damage

1 Like

Like Samuro or Murky, who are basically played like an solo laner… so what?

Only, if his team are potatoes and don’t support their hard carry.

Unlike Alarak, Butcher must stay on the front lines to actually do anything. Alarak can do his combo like a mage and hang back after. If Butcher’s meat turned into Alarak’s sadism then Butcher will never be viable even speaking from his unviable point right now. He’d be worse than nova tier. Right now he’s one step above nova tier but extremely close

Unlike Alarak Butcher has an potencial aoe entomb like Leoric as hard carry on 20.

You DO realize this would be a trade off to make it take at least half as many kills to get to the damage of 200 stacks right?

You can try this but I don’t think it’s work. I think it would make butcher even more unviable. If he ever has the chance of losing everything even with half the stacks needed to get the same power the butcher player would always be scared of engaging

Samuro and murky have more impact in TF… at least.

Welcome to bronze

Butcher has a low popularity, but actually one of the highest winrate Heroes.
I even sawe high elo OTPs of him.

How would a buff like that look like?

Butcher will get a Rework.

They’re working on a rework, since I guess Butch needs more than just a few tweaks.

I’m glad, his Trait current iteration makes him lose fantasy.
He should be this scary demon, but pre-200meat he’s the scared one.

So you think The Butcher is not a real hero, because the lowest player can’t play in team and don’t know how to support a hard carry or what’s your point?

I am not surprised, because his trait can escalate very hard, if he gets the support and on top of that he gets an heroic that is at 20 comparable to Leroic or Zarya. Only his other heroic is trash and actually needs to be buffed or reworked…

I hope that the rework is comparable to D.Va or Gazlow and don’t change him too much…

Well, might be my mistake, but whatsoever.
Butcher is really troubling.

Whelp Gazlowe got big changes, I hope it’s smaller than that.
No role change pls.

1 Like

Sure his changes are big, but he still plays the same unlike Tassadar…

The early release Butcher lost a lot of stacks on death, as a result almost nobody played him.

The devs are so scared of hypercarries they intentionally keep the infinite scalers in a bad spot. ZJ, butcher, and nazeebo are trash. Whenever I get around to making the adc I want I’d release it but I know the end result will be it being flamed to the ground. If the power budget I had was making a hero with the limit of ZJ, butcher, nazeebo, I can’t do it. The kit needs more power to actually make the hypercarry viable. ZJ healing is just worse than raynor. Butcher loses stacks on death and is melee. Nazeebo is just ugh.

Nazeebo is playable though, I don’t know why you included him in that list.

He isn’t optimal and there’s a lot better mages but he is not bad in the way Butcher is, and he doesn’t lose Voodoo stacks each time he dies until he reaches 175.

Level 99 butcher here with 62% win rate :point_up:.
This is how the butcher should be: