Why no Anduin skins at all?

So, consider I love playing Anduin, but I don’t like the cyberpunk theme his single skin in the game has.
Am I just forever locked into playing wiht his default skin?
Almost every other hero in the game has at least one or two in universe skins. Hell, there’s even cross universe skins like Johanna’s spellbreaker skin.

Why can’t Anduin have any of that? I never understood the removal of master skins from the game either.
Why kill visual progression? It was actually pretty awesome to note that “hey, this guy has a master skin, he played that hero a lot, then” back when they were unlocked after reaching a high level.
Now, a level 3 Anduin likes the same as my level 33 Anduin because I refuse to use the character breaking Neo-President skin.

1 Like

Yeah it was a pity about the Master skins. Even if they didn’t want to have them “unlocked” at certain level, characters would at least have some additional option.

1 Like

Master Skins (as a progression system) were removed because players felt they “had” to equip them to show off, so the “modern equivalent”, Mastery Rings, is like “look, you can show off and still pick how you look”

I honestly prefer this because I didn’t like most of the Master Skins, they felt like the devs went:
-dev 1: “how many spikes should we add?”
-dev 2: “yes”
-dev 1: “I like how you think”.

On the topic of “no new skins”, it’s pretty normal for the most recent few heroes to only have their launch skins available.
Mephisto and Qhira got their second skin in the winter event, Mal’Ganis and Imperius just got theirs (in this summer event), Orphea got one last fall, and Deathwing got a skin in the Spring event (but not his second skin, his first one).

So I would expect Anduin to get his turn in the next big event, actually.
He’s the only hero who hasn’t gotten a skin beyond his launch one, other than the new Mei (and TLV and Ragnaros, but those are “special cases”).

Of course, there’s no telling if it will be something you like until it comes out.

2 Likes

I hope Anduin gets a skin all covered in spikes :stuck_out_tongue:

Since Anduin turned out to be totally different than I expected I honestly have a hard time to think of a solid skin for him. When ragnaros is way easier but devs still refuse to give him a skin.

I would love to see the Legion Skin Option for Anduin since he does have it. Also the Heavy Plated Armor from BFA as well.

1 Like