Why HoTs will never be good

I just finished a game with a teammate who literally said (when people complained he wasn’t doing the objective), “I"m just practicing my combos in lane”.

Seriously? That is why AI and practice mode exists. While devs are clearly dead set on silencing and banning frustrated players who just want good matchups for being “abusive” NOTHING is done about these types who are truly ruining the game.

Can we get a wave of suspensions for things like non participation PLEASE!

14 Likes

I don’t agree… AI is for the very basics like learning how to line up a skill shot or how far your mobility goes

QM is after you already know the basics of your hero and are ready to test them vs real opponents

Just buying a hero and instantly going QM is incredibly douchebaggy towards 4 teammates…

25 Likes

Dang. Because of this single game, hots will never be good. Feelbadman

29 Likes

The amount of people worse than the elite AI is staggering actually.

12 Likes

How can hots never be good if you dont give them a chance to improve?

2 Likes

But they do have a chance to improve, it’s literally called practice mode.

Let me be more clear about what I mean by “good”. I am not suggesting every player need to be a pro. What I AM suggesting is the game experience simply isn’t good if you have one player throwing the game. It’s not good for the NINE other players who either sit there for 15 min getting trashed, or the other 5 who get a game that isn’t competitive. It’s slightly more fun to steamroll than be rolled, but steamrolling a team isn’t that rewarding.

So, when I type “good”, I’m reffering to the game experience. I am all for people getting better and learning, if they are actually trying to learn . . .

Look, they ban people for saying you suck, presumadly because it isn’t fun for the other players. Under the exact same reasoning, it isn’t fun having one player ruin the game for nine others. I would argue it’s much much worse to waste everyones time, compared to having some toxic player (that you can just block btw). It’s actually far worse for the gaming experience to let one player ruin a game for nine others, with no ability to do anything about it . . . .than it is when you get a toxic player in a game that you can just silence and move on.

That is why HoTs will never be “good” in the senese of game experience, . . . they aren’t fixing the game experience.

And for the guy who snappily replies that it’s one game, . . . come on, . . . have you played lately. It’s the norm now for games to be decied by the team who gets the guy who’s trowing. Yeah, sure, it balances out, mmr still functions, and averages are you get the bad guy then someone else does . . . BUT way more BAD games are in that balance. Increasing the percentage of BAD games is . . . well . . . bad for the game.

Which is why, I think they really really need to worry about the quality of games, and why taking some action against afkers, non participators, those who intentionally feed . . . is long long overdo.

6 Likes

because they waste every opportunity

2 Likes

QM is the clownfiesta mode - you can’t really complain about other players in that mode. Let them be a clown.
If you don’t want to deal with clowns or if you want to get mad fo’real play some SL.

4 Likes

I’d love to play SL regularly, but that often means hour long wait times. SL isn’t really an option sometimes . . .

I’d argue this game is QM, at least 90 percent of games played are.

well blizzard want’s these type of players who ruin the game to remain in it. and anyone who don’t like it gets silenced and banned~ you’re not allowed to be frustrated from their dumb players

1 Like

So I’m guessing you guys went 4v5 into obj when you saw he wasn’t coming. If so, I would argue you all threw just as hard as he did.

Then again, you’re only giving us one small detail of the game to justify being toxic. Might as well show the replay at this point if really want to get a point across.

Don’t blame the game , that’s a clear case of a player issue .

i guess 5 years not enough. let’s give them another 5? if i count every single horrible players that plays for years and haven’t improved a tiny bit… i can’t even count them cause they’re so many LOL

Yeah because everyone is playing sinds alfa 2016…

1 Like

This might be true but you might not understand the reason behind that. WHY do you think QM is the most played mode?

A) because of it’s great design and balance so it’s like the most fun to play mode

B) Every player had to play QM to level up the account/heroes until it becomes possible to queue up for SL? QM is like the default mode because it doesn’t require you to own a specific amount of heroes…

that’s a sign of you not even checking their profiles.

How is that a sign?
Is a lvl 300 player is playing for 5 years and he doesnt know how to. I cant blame him

1 Like

ever thought of “he stopped playing and came back again” ? that lvl 300 could be playing for longer than you did just taking breaks from now on. and since creating smurfs is a thing you never know if that low level is actually new or not cause high or low there’s no difference cause they’re either way horrible.

for a guy who tries to deride people (incorrectly, mind) for narrow fixations, you’re doing a terrible job of trying to take your own advocation to heart.

Course, if you were actually on it as your vehemence would allow for genuine sincerity, you’d probably be barking up a different tree anyway.

so :+1: for ya

1 Like

well thanks for the personal attack, not sure how it’s relevant, but ok

maybe go back to trolling someone else?