Why HoTs will never be good

Because developers do not care about it. This is my impression when they speak about ranked, reporting, balancing, etc.

Now imagine if we had the DeepMind AI instead.

Ever heard of the phrase “sounds like a you-problem, buddy”?

The Game isn’t bad just because you encounter players that are. You’ve probably played at least 10 good or at least enjoyable games before encountering one like this. It’s in Human nature to weigh negative feedback over positive feedback. Look it up, it’s Science.

5 Likes

They’ve had a long, long, long time to improve. it’s seriously too little too late.

1 Like

I buy a hero and inmediately go ranked tho

Where is the replay? That would make clear on various of things. A lot more than your single side telling. That’s probably only worded in a way that fits your agenda.

People play game for their enjoyment. Therefore, they have no obligation to follow your bossing them around. Not to mention that you’re in no position to do so in the first place.

1 Like

Well, if you consider yourself the authority on things like whether QM should be balance, it’s called circular reasoning.

I think if you are the type to do things just to “piss people off” you probably shouldn’t be playing a team game.

Hots is already a good game, but as you said the lack of good players hinders the experience. Only thing for us tryhards to do is to speak up and let them know the casual mindset aint international.

This topic is just one of many topics to be made by players who either dont like the game or just lost a game. Expect more of these to come in the future.

Why do you assume this?

The attitude in QM is horrible horrible. The point of the post is that Devs are not focused on the game experience. They need to do more to get rid of the trolls, throwers, afker, . . . the people who ruin games.

It has nothing to do with losing. Often, I win, and HATE the game because of some troll.

I get, you have to carry the bads to win, but it should be enjoyable.

I think its pathetic that this company and community thinks people PLAYING A VIDEO GAME . (( PLAYING A VIDEO GAME )) Should be banned or punished. This game is a complete waste of time for nerds with nothing better to do.

so allow people to surrender without penalty. Look at starcraft2. that game is complete garbage first one to air army , and everyone leaves. just like any game if you get owned and lose in an unfair fight you should be able to quit.

how is this stupid game even supposed to be fun, when you have a police ready to jump you for any little thing

absolutely terrible game experience.

No, never heard that phrase, do you hear it often? I don’t think your subjective psuedo psycology is “Science”.

Look, you may be happy with the state of play, but many many aren’t.

Again, it’s not that players are bad, it’s that players ruing games. Even if I take your made up 1 in 10 stat, that means, EVERY game will have a troll, thrower, man child, etc.

The nature of this game is that it’s team based, SO, even 1/20 players ruining games means, EVERY OTHER GAME is a disaster.

Don’t listen to anyone with a Murky avi. Their credibility goes out the window.

1 Like

HOTS is good, I like it. It has a distinct identity and differences from other MOBA’s. It won’t live forever, but no game does, well maybe Diablo 2 and WoW classic.

1 Like

I guess you never played League of Legends. Hint, its much worse.

Never in my life did i try a hero vs ai. It sucks and drains on my morale. No point being good vs a bot.

So i rly dont care. When i sucked in QM as KZ i honestly told ppl i suck with him and thats it. I aint learning vs a bot. That skill is worthless vs real ppl.

Also AGAIN. This crap happens all the time in other mobas as well. Not everyone there feeds intentionally.Most just do what that dude here did.

So i guess other mobas are bad as well. What a useless statement.

In qm:
Who cares it is just QM.

In unranked
Who cares it is just unranked.

In ranked
Who cares it is just masters

In gm league
Who cares it is just a game

See what i did there, you little nub?

You are both right and wrong. There are many other reasons why HotS will never be “proper”, it’s already good. Playerbase quality is not the best at the moment, yes but it’s the same in almost all MOBA’s. There are good and focused players and noobs. It’s always been like this. To avoid it, you need to make your own team with people like yourself. Blizzard can’t fix it but you can.

K, so tried a new account.

Literally, in my 3 placement games I won 1.

In the 2 loses, I had 3x the xp of anyone else in the game. I had the best kill ratio, AND I took mvp in both loses (which is hard btw, to mvp while on a losing team).

So, it placed me in bronze 5.

The solution isn’t to just grind away at bronze 5 - it’s to make another account and win my 3 placement games. Bang, no longer bronze after 3 games, instead of the 100s you’d play climbing out of bronze.

This is just an example. 3 games isn’t enough for proper placement BUT they made it 3 because people couldn’t do 10? If this is the highest lvl of competition in HoTs, and it takes 3 games to place you, that’s just sad.

Statiscally, even 10 games would have low confidence, you’d need about 20. And HoTs determines your lvl on 3. Devs just have zero clue about placement, and do nothing about removing bad players, . . . but I’m beating a dead horse.

Never say never. However, the reason for this is that the company’s management has ceased to respect those who feed them, that is, us and you. And this applies to all managerial positions in all spheres of society. It’s just time for that now.