Why even play HOTS anymore?

Cuz its fun. It’s that simple. C:

People who want to play competitively are encouraged to find and party up with skilled teammates who are willing to learn especially since solo ranked is now removed

And most people just wanna have fun and play ARAM and Quick Match constantly

1 Like

The idea that popularity equals quality is a logical fallacy. If popularity equals quality, you could make the argument, for example, that Andrew Lloyd Webber must be the infinitely superior composer to Stephen Sondheim simply because his works have reached a wider audience and been performed more often. Lloyd Webber is a populist composer; Sondheim’s works are closer to what some would consider “art”, but their complexity makes them more difficult to connect to.

Similarly, there’s been a lot of cases where something that wasn’t popular when it was released was reevaluated and became immensely popular years hence. A historical example is that Vivaldi was virtually forgotten after his death until his music was rediscovered in the 20th century; many of Handel’s operas weren’t revived until the 20th century either. In fact, J. S. Bach (1685-1750), today widely thought to be one of the greatest Western composers of all time, never achieved nor sought fame during his lifetime, with his music only attaining widespread popularity after interest in it was revived in the 1900s.

My point is that popularity is an often arbitrary thing that is no good indicator of quality. And some of our most celebrated works have gone centuries without being recognized for their true value. Meanwhile, many of the things that were popular centuries ago are all but forgotten today, now afforded only footnotes in history textbooks. (For example, see Hurlothrumbo, which drew far larger crowds in Handel’s day than any of Handel’s operas ever did. Today it is afforded a paltry handful of lines on Wikipedia.)

I don’t mean to suggest that this game is some secret gem of game design genius that will be world famous in two centuries – but my point still stands: popularity is no reliable indicator of quality.

1 Like

Well, they won’t fix or balance much or make competitive anymore fun so just strap in for the ride until they finally kill it for good!

Cuz it’s fun

You must win a lot of games, huh?

About half of them. A good amount of these heroes are just really fun.

Dreaming of it everydays!

What this game needs is tower ammo and forts giving exp back : 3.

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean you can tell me that it’s a waste of MY time to play while I still enjoy it.

Please let your opinions just be YOUR opinions and stop this kind of mentality

This game is as Awesome as it’s ever been.

1 Like