What is your favorite type of kill?

What sort of kill is the one that gets your blood pumping? Is it the vicious 1v1 in the solo lane, asserting your dominance over your opponent? The 1v5 full team wipe with endless Genji resets? The “Chinese Bush Meta” ambush they never saw coming? The “everyone had a part to play” mega wombo combo? That last AA or ability on a fleeing enemy who thought they were safe? Anything involving Sgt Hammer?

Personally, I get an incredible sense of satisfaction being the one who sets up the takedown, even if the actual kill credit goes to someone else. Nailing the perfect godswap, the tank hard engage from the fog of war, or that sweet, sweet 5 man stun just feels so good when it happens.

How do you like to kill people?

12 Likes

I like getting the best of people in long, drawn-out 1v1 duels. Particularly in lane in the first few minutes of the game. It’s probably why Murky and Yrel appeal to me so much - that’s their bread and butter.

4 Likes

When my enemy thought they were going to win the trade. But I knew from the start they had lost. Like when I duel a Yrel with Malthael, and I just don’t use Last rites.
She waits for me to use it expecting to heal from it, it never comes, she dies in goat.

8 Likes

Beating up nova as whitemane never gets old.

3 Likes

Prediction shots through fog of war are the most satisfying, especially ones that escape into their base. You take a position that’ll provide you an angle to hit and bypass the walls of your target without seeing them by striking an area where you think they’ll be.

10 Likes

Landing a killing blow with Diablo’s Overpower spell.

It does very little damage so it’s hard to pull off, but man is it satisfying to pound someone into the ground as their way to meet their end.

Close range Dva explosion is also particularly satisfying.

9 Likes

Level 20 falstad Lightning Ult on Abathur from across the map

Or 10 blinks with zeratul

2 Likes

That reminds me, sniping someone from across the map with Suppression Pulse always makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

8 Likes

Beating up Samuro or Medhiv as anyone is the most satisying thing ever.

6 Likes

Getting that perfect engage onto someone or a group. I’m more satisfied than the kill itself.

Edit: Kills? If I’m Assassin… I guess that burst combo I get as a follow-up on a good picking :smiley:

1 Like

1v5
My favorite of all time was with Jaina
Lvl 20, wintermime. I was running away from a Falstad, used ice block to avoid his ult, the enemy team surrounded me.
I thought to myself “ok let’s do this” … Block run out, they where all close, got chilled, I summoned my water elemental and pressed everything at once and they all die.
It was crazy and I loved it

3 Likes

My favorite is Kerrigan. Ravaging my way through the front line into the backline then landing the naked combo on the squishy.

It looks awesome everytime you see it, even if it ends up you traded for the healer.

1 Like

When the play requires alot of thinking and unusuall methods to be able to win the fight.
A good example is when me and my duo partner had just fought under the enemy top keep on volskaya 3 people on our team just fell and we had to retreat, with about 50% left on the robot.
We were playing as Valla and Varian we knew the enemy team would catch up with us so we had to turn and fight no matter what, we got to about mid map before we decided to turn a quick decision was made for my partner to charge in with the robot then leave it to taunt the enemy Azmodan, leaving me for an easy kill with the machinegun inside the robot, Varian then had to enter the robot not to die, so i left with no Ammo left in the robot.

He used the robot charge to get in on the enemy lucio, i focuzed my attention to him juking the ETC Q and the Ming abilities while fighting within close vicinity of the robot.
Lucio eventually fell down put i was running low on health, i jumped back in the robot to use the laser CD and the ammo that had recharged, my partner got out, taunted Ming so i could get a clean shot on her with the newly recharged ammo, Ming died and ETC and whoever the last member of the enemy team was (Can’t remember) the enemy team now had 20% hp left, and our robot was coming to an end with about 10 sec left, we chased them down and killed them off, leaving us with a 2v5 victory.

That is probably my favoritte ranked moment in the HOTS history, where we had to think outside the box for our robot not to die too quickly and at the same time push out as much dmg as possible while surviving the 2v5 encounter.
If we had not had voice on that day, then that play would have been impossible, since every target had to be called out to be able to kill them off right away.

3 Likes

I like the kills where your team fighting as a tank and they dump everything onto you and your next to dead and team kills them all.

Edit: I just got a 5 man team wipe/penta kill off my Grav-O-Bomb. Felt pretty good TBH.

2 Likes

My absolute favourite, is using Qhira’s No Sanctuary level 20 to reveal a target hearthing in a bush and sniping them with Final Strike.
Bonus points if they are Hearthing because they just killed one of my teammates in a narrow and barely won, 1v1

5 Likes

Everytime you kill someone who flamed you the entire previous match. Such a satisfaction when you bstep his corpse.

Also tyrande owl snipe, abathur mines and my favorite combo varian taunt + sulfuras smash.

2 Likes

Snipe killing someone with Aba hat never gets old.
Drag people into towers as Dehaka when they think they got a free kill on me.

5 Likes

kt, and aba just because i hate them so much

1 Like

Ahhh, landing a multi-Mosh, and watching my enemies getting blown up as I rock and roll, that’s pretty satisfying.

But as for me landing a kill, I’ve always enjoyed dueling and killing an enemy that got overconfident.
I recently went AA build ETC, who has surprising amount of single target damage and self healing.
Had Butcher that engaged me on a lane, it was an early game and he had low meat stack. I was healing through most of his damage while making a decent chip at his health with my empowered AA. He then realized that he made a mistake. Tried to run away, but I stunned him, body blocked, and knocked him back towards the tower for a kill. Oh it was nice.

1 Like

randomly running in the enemy base with 2 vikings from other lanes into some low health lad I saw running 10 seconds ago is always fun

2 Likes