What is your favorite type of kill?

Killing cocky Li Ming with Erik to 100-0 because she ignores my damage (Spy Games + Erik the Swift).

3 Likes

That is also by far the worst way to get killed. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think many hates him. Mostly becasue his entire kit makes him unfun to play againts and becasue he can get easy value by doing nothing but being alive. And now where body soaking is gone he can hide in base or in spawn and never get killed.

Maybe if you are lucky to get a team that can win before lvl 10 you might stand a chance but then again how many times does that happen. His power and influence just keeps growing the longer the game last. And even if you managed to find and kill him he just hides in spawn and keep hatting his team and minion waves from there even tho he wont be in range of you with mines anymore.

I think by far, my favorite type of kill is the 1v1 duel where we both die, since it’s usually a hilarious situation that lead up to that result.

I remember this one time a Genji challenged me (a half-health Chen) to a duel just outside his tower range. I stalled with my brew and lightly poked at his HP. Once he used his deflect, I was all-in on taking him down. He widdled me down to nothing. I widdled him down to nothing. Instead of attempting to finish me, he used his swift strike to escape under his gate. Unfortunately for both of us, I used flying kick at the exact moment he swift striked. I went zooming over his gate after him.

Genji died. I died. The Abathur on my team (hatted me late, saw the end) was laughing his butt off.

Someday I’d like to see a whole team fight where everyone wipes. The only times I’ve seen those happen is very rarely on HotS WTF moments.

3 Likes

I love to beat up Nova’s and Valeera’s with Tryael. Break their stealth with El’druin’s Might, smite em, AA and then go in for the kill with Judgement. No more Nova or Val. I have an unreasonable dislike from the very early days where Nova was stronger and a noob (I sure was one) stomper in QM. I dislike Val as it seems like 85% of the teams I play with are on a squishy hero and can’t see her, so she can just run wild.

I will add that killing any hero with Murky is satisfying, as your life compared to theirs isn’t important. Kill and respawn a few seconds later and do it again.

3 Likes

Tyrael’s Judgement kill is very satisfying. Especially with mecha skin, especially against mobile, slippery heroes like Tracer and Lucio.

2 Likes

I forgot about those two, yes it can be excellent to catch out heroes like Tracer and even Genji.

I don’t know how I forgot this, but it is super fun killing any KT who has taken Convection and repeating the process making it so he never completes it. I always hope it will convince the player not to take it again vs a dive team, but like Full Orb Glass Cannon Mings, it seems nothing can deter them.

2 Likes

It’s probably the guy who harasses you for no reason, because they’re asking for it and it’s just funny.

I was Arty on BoE and a TB Varian thought it was a good idea to not leave me alone. I get that I was melting your immortal during objective, and you can’t just let me do that. But after the first time I kill you in a few seconds you should at least bring someone else along. I also had suppression Pulse and was saving it for these crazy Varian dives. Then he tried this later when I was in lane randomly and it was another instant deletion.

A close second is any kill as a healer.

3 Likes

Getting revenge kills on someone who has farmed you whole game is something that lights me up.

5 Likes

Kills on a very sadism stacked Alarak is fun, especially so if he’s marked me with Rite of Rak’Shir. Any hero that has any kind of gathering power type talent or trait is satisfying to kill, not forgetting the heroes that have the new Loan talents.

2 Likes

The classic silver league meat bait where you feign retreat through a bush as Butcher when your health gets low which often baits an enemy assassin to chase after you but the moment they walk into the bush they run into you waiting there with your Butcher’s brand up resulting in you Butchering them and healing back up to full hp in a few seconds.

7 Likes

Blowing someone up off-screen with Arcane Orb is my personal favorite.

Taking a shot in the dark, literally. Boom.

2 Likes

Scatter shot far away and kill someone.

2 Likes

Anything that results in the bloody demise of Sergeant Hammer or Medivh.

Bonus points for giga rag-doll physics.

Bonus points if the killer was Nova.

1 Like

I played a match against a Gazlowe with the clown skin tonight, and I have to say, the rag doll physics when he exploded almost brought a tear to my eye.

3 Likes

Makes me think of a wtf moment where they got wombo to dead and thier corpes blew away in all directions like WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

But yea some heroes in this game got some funny ragdoll. Not DW tho. He just burns up and fells to the ground.

1 Like

Yeah, Deathwing’s rag doll is a let down. I like how sometimes you can be almost on the other side of a map to where a hero was killed and a rag doll will land next to you.

1 Like

Roses are red
Violets are blue
A kill is a kill is a kill.

But…

I have to admit I rather enjoy seeing a pisser Chen “committing suicide”. Or a Genji trying so hard to be a ninja right under your tower or fort, and fails so miserably. Have you ever noticed how explosive Genji’s deaths are? Especially when killed by a Butcher. Lovely. Always.

2 Likes

I like to give someone confidence

2 Likes

Rarely seen but either killing someone by throwing a team mate on them as Garrosh or the 2000 IQ play where you finish a fleeing guy by haymakering someone at them as Muradin.

3 Likes