What happened to Golden Xenotech Abathur?

To be honest I’m pretty disappointed. Yesterday the new skin for Abathur, Galactic Xenotech, appeared on live servers, albeit in a more flashy golden tint than the one we have right now. I really loved the tint and was about to spend shards for it though I didn’t have the time to farm those 200 shards I needed.

Shortly after the skin disappeared, I assumed its appearance in the store was a mistake and was glad I didn’t spend my shards on it as I’d probably have straight up lost them. :grimacing:

But then, as I logged on after the Mechastorm update, I noticed the Galactic Xenotech skin had a more copper-like tint when compared to the bright gold it had before. I found screenshots depicting the difference between those two versions:

What happened to the gold version? I reaaaaaally liked it. But I am somewhat relieved to know I probably avoided losing a lot of shards to a removed skin.

9 Likes

It was a limited time skin, that already expired Krappa.
And I am wondering if they are purposely not realeasing any Diablo sprays at all, ever :frowning:

1 Like

It was never released.
I bought it yesterday and today it turned the dusty red shade. Contacted customer support - will not return shards or return the golden skin. So basically say bye to that amazing skin, and eat that red c*ap instead…

4 Likes

The bright gold one is very cool!

8 Likes

Wow :open_mouth: I want that pure gold one!!!

1 Like

That’s disappointing to say the least. I’m really sorry you spent so much for a skin that ended up much less appealing than what you’ve been sold.

Well, if they’re not going to release the golden skin whatsoever, I guess it’ll stay in the skins I’m dreaming of corner.

As Malfurion said, a shame.

2 Likes

If they’ve changed or retired that specific skin they should at last refound everyone that already had it. Otherwise it’ll be a terrible move to avoid a refound and all for just a tint on a single skin.

Suicide marketing policy, making costumers unhappy because of such little thing like a tint or a bunch of currencies.

7 Likes

Well, they would not refund or give the tint back, and support said they have few cases of this problem already, so I doubt It will happen… It was wrong skin (their words) and the correct one is this one, and it will stay globally.

1 Like

Well, if that’s settled this way… I’m puzzled as to why they made this special color scheme for Abathur only to say “oh nvm wrong skin, you’re never going to get it”.

The golden one really deserves its price imo, even for a recolor. The other one… Personally I wouldn’t buy it for that much.

Also considering the price, a refund would only be natural to me. You paid for the golden one, the one that was advertised on the store, not the other one. Yes, this is only aesthetic, but what is the point of a skin if not an aesthetic matter?

I don’t understand why they didn’t just leave that skin as the “correct one” and release the other one later. We never would have known (or cared).

4 Likes

I actually thought the bronze one looked pretty cool. But now you’ve ruined it for me. I want the gold one so much more.

1 Like

Gold has to be kept safe in case the Golden Armada asks for tribute before a giant diamond asteroid magnifying glass gathers the light of the sun and creates an inverted eclipse on the earth and the ray of light which you will call spear of adun purifies the land and destroys the wicked.

Alot of the Mecha 1 skin recolors are ‘limited time’ or ‘not available’ In A.I, an enemy Rehgar bot has a good chance of having a ‘hidden mecha skin’

I know right, I try to convince myself the bronze one is not that bad but the harsh memory of that gorgeous golden skin still haunts me :grimacing:

Yep, after some research I found the golden one is an AI-only hidden skin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/7r2qaf/ai_using_golden_mecha_abathur_with_golden/

With pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ppadU

But hgnnn, how can the designers not let us enjoy that literal jewel they put into the game? Phurr, I don’t recommend you watch that imgur gallery, cause every single thing about the golden skin is gorgeous and will make you hate the bronze one, nothing less.

3 Likes

A few weeks ago I ran into this skin in vs ai, and really wanted to post about it. I saved the replay, but screenshots wouldn’t take. Is there something about screenshots in replays that just are blank when you try to look at the files?

Anyway, the gold monstrosity looked awesome, not sure why they wouldn’t release it.

3 Likes

Maybe the devs are preparing a ‘Master Skin’ project with a gold variant as final unlock once you reach level x in a hero!
Would be neat.

After aquiring it seems to me that perfect mecha tyrael also has his tint a bit different than what we could see in vs AI before and in aless badass way.
Another thing that bothers me alot is that you can see red and golden mech reghar in the event teaser getting smacked but can’t have access to it in game.

1 Like

Studios had never been able to test the limits of their playerbases and the effects of different types of interactions (Or the absence of them) and different kind of events published by the media regarding these studios.

Lmao really? It was up in the Shop for quite a while before update, and there wasn’t any change made to it during that time period. Was still shiny golden slug. Blizz really needs to stop stealth changing things, even if it’s something like skins and such.

According to the AMA yesterday, despite its name, that’s how this Golden Xanotech Abathur is supposed to look, even though it’s been in the game for 1.5 years, the true Golden one is not supposed to be purchasable “yet”, because reasons.

Permalink: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/c1wx6h/comment/ernp1eu

2 Likes