What do you expect coming in Season 2?

As was posted by our newest news reporter.

Season 1 end date was updated to March 26th which also seems that it will merge Ranked HL and TL into one.

Considering how major it is.

What do you also expect to come with that patch?

It sounds like something major going to be added during that time, new hero? Anduin? Double hero announcement?

The gold to shards conversion was also announced for the event patch.

2 Likes

I hope the price isn’t too high for the conversion but it will certainly help in wasting these 100k gold for some users.

My guess is 10 gold for 1 shard.

10000 gold to 1000 shards, fair enough.

I will be happy if we just get a decent MMS and rank-gap restriction to avoid boosting.

2 Likes

They already had something to say about that during the AMA. Too lazy to check up, but you should find it somewhere in here:

1 Like

No expectations, less disappointments. I’m treating this question as if I’m solo queue in Quick Match.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve followed the AMA.
I was just saying that, considering the overall difficulties that HotS is living into, I’ll be happy just with a decent MMS even without any rework or new Hero.

4 Likes

Hopefully massive ban waves against afk, trolls, griefers and throwers.

2 Likes

I expect just what they said tbh, role rework + ranked changes. I don’t expect a new hero or rework.

I also don’t expect the new season to exactly start on March 26th. I think season 1 will end, they will update the game and the pre-season will start with the mmr/rank merge from HL and TL. Then everyone will play for like 2 weeks - 1 month, then they will soft reset everyone and start Season 2.

2 Likes

Good luck with that one. I’m sure there will be ban waves for anyone who played often and talked often, but AFK/Feeding? Nah! I just had six Quick Match games in a row where either 1 to 3 of my team went AFK and was replaced by AI.

Please excuse my pessimistic attitude, but I took a break for a few days and I return and get 6 games in row with at least one teammate disconnecting for the whole game. The game I did win I win had a 16 death Artanis and 13 death Imperius who abused me (their logic) because I only died once as ranged assassin. I was at every objective and every team fight.

I find this discouraging that we managed to beat a 2 death Leroic as the only front-line on the enemy team, simply because I changed tactics midway and pushed lanes and caught up on the XP lost to their feeding.

Likewise, I’d rather them put all their limited resources into improving an area of the game that needs it, rather than stretching themselves too thin and pleasing nobody.

1 Like

sounds about right for what i would expect on conversion.

gold mounts are around 10k-15k gold. assuming they are legendary then 10:1 makes them 1000-1500 shard value.

alternatively it can be a little lower though. 5:1 makes the shard value more like… 2000-3000.

it depends on what they want. for a ‘gold sink’ the idea would be getting rid of the gold and the lower conversion value accomplishes that. they likely dont want you to have a perfect conversion value to legendary mount from gold to shards imo.

i expect pretty much what the AMA has confirmed. TL is the new standard. when they merge the ranks though then the ranked restrictions will be implemented similar to how HL has the ranked restrictions. so that will help out a bit with keeping things a bit cleaner in the ranked queue.

chen might get nerfed more soon. then he will get some buffs and it will appear as though he go buffed.

Agree.

I just wish people would complain less about the consolidation when they think they will lose their precious rank. I had a 2200 MMR in HL but I refuse to play it, and honestly I refuse to queue 5-man TL for the same reasons. The queue times are terrible then add leavers, smurfs and boosters on top of that… hell naw.

IMO ranked needs to eventually consolidate Unranked with some kind of unranked checkbox or rule for parties that are outside of MMR restrictions. That way you could have a team playing for no points against a team playing for points, while still maintaining MM that favors the team playing for points. This would vastly improve the player pool and queue times, eliminate smurfing and boosting, while allowing friends to play together in a competitve mode without dividing the player pool.

They said the spring event would come in march didnt they?
So i will expect all of that.
Role rework, Gold -> shards, Spring event, chages to ranked with merging of HL and TL and a new hero that i REALY want to be Anduin.

1 Like

As long as there are no proper punishments for these people, hots ranked ladder will be a joke, and the non-rank game modes will never generate enough money from passionate players. This will continue to hurt the game. Anything else, hero reworks, ladder merges, xp changes etc are insignificant compared to this.

1 Like

This.

Many times have the community expected for something just to be disappointed yet again and again because well, promises are meant to be broken, yes?

//But ey, I’m all in for a gold-shard conversion.//

1 Like