What class of hero do you want next?

Should I link the what the next heroes should be thread.

There’s a difference between want and should.

1 Like

I think we need to have Ranged Assassin next.
And i mean Ranged AA hero, because the last one was Fenix.

1 Like

Well this thread is just for whimsy Tooton, hence the “want” in the title. Should is a very different question I agree.

2 Likes

Either a Melee Assassin or an AA-focused Ranged Assassin. We could always use more Tanks and Healers, but Melee Assassins are our second-smallest class and we’ve gone a long while without a Ranger/Marksman hero.

How about Selendis (Zealot) and Talis (Adept), respectively? We need a new Starcraft hero soon anyway.

2 Likes

I’d love a support hero next, a true support hero like old Tass. Lots of supportive abilities, helping teammates and being the difference in the battlefield, carrying his team to victory through supporting.

Since devs said they are not working on any support heroes atm, then I’d love a really flashy assassin.

1 Like

I’d really like a support hero like Tassadar too. I love this fan created support:

1 Like

When was the last support added to the game? :thinking:

Ranged Assassin. Been almost 3 years since Orphea. And I agree with most, an AA Marksman. Preferably Lady Vashj, she checks all these boxes, and is a Naga, and most of her “friends” (Illidan, Kael’thas, Maiev, Tyrande) are already in.

1 Like

The majority of people WANT an assassin whether melee or ranged, but what we NEED are tanks and healers. Unpopular roles need more help lifting off and diversifying.

The majority of players are ranged assassin mains. There is no shortage of players each ranked game for who wants to be the assassin.

Unless blizzard wants to give up getting players to not be ranged assassin. Then you’d just pump out 3 ranged assassins for 1 of every other role. Maybe even up to 5 if we’re gonna go with popularity of roles

1 Like

Indeed, that’s why I said I wanted a tank or a healer. We have 13 tanks and 16 (thanks Darak for the correction) healers. In ranked play after bans that is far too few of both roles. I was just being self aware for a change and admitting my bias when I wrote I wanted either Tank/Healer.

Only from perhaps a marketing perspective would I want an assassin. As you noted, the assassin role is beloved by far too many players. I want people to keep logging in and playing, or have a reason to return, so I get why an assassin might help with that. Personal preferce though is for a Tank or Healer.

1 Like

2016, Zarya. 5 years (:

Since then we lost 1 support hero.

We actually have 16 healers :smiley:

Zarya: Release Date September 27, 2016.

I’m now so used to seeing Yusuke with the Genji avatar I at first thought it was Yusuke quoting himself, I’m getting old!

Yes, again you’re right and I feel I’m having a senior moment. Either way that’s still too few Healers, but it means we need tanks even more so. I put Cho in their number, but really he’s a special case and hardly played.

2 Likes

LIke 4 years ago when Zarya got added together with Alarak in the machines of war event.

1 Like

I am going to be completely predictable and say Tank. Mannoroth, Talandar, Reinhardt, Andariel, any tank would be fine by me!

1 Like

Pfft. That fat demon should be added before Lord Jaraxus?!

I like the idea of Andariel as a tank. A poison based tank without a hook please, bring that on!

Yes.

4 Likes

Stiches cries in the corner.

1 Like

Oh you deleted the poor Stitches crying! I love Stitches, but his hook makes him so hard to balance as a tank that sometimes I wish they would either make him a bruiser or remove the hook.

1 Like

In my heart of hearts, I would love it if Blizzard would rework Artanis from the fun but flawed bruiser he is into a true tank.

2 Likes