What can I do to get TL3?

Of all the things to worry about

You have to jump through a bunch of hoops, and seeing the checklist of hoops you have to jump through and how close you are is another bunch of hoops itself.
It’s not really worth it in my opinion.

I certainly don’t bother to read posts that don’t interest me.

1 Like

I’m sure they’re doing an amazing job with the current amount of troll topics on the front page of general forum. Even the bug report forum which should encourage some level of high effort posts is a complete and unmoderated mess where you often encounter several non-complaints on the same topic at the very top, but each fresh account needs to tell us in their own words how frustrated they feel. There’s no real winner here, most of such will get ignored, and if they get deleted, Blizzard will be accused for ignoring customer feedback.

Having some kind of a black list would require a warm body to actually maintain it, and I doubt they’re willing to spend more money on doing so.

For them TL3 is nothing more than a vetting process to determine who should be promoted to MVP, so they can offload more work onto relatively reliable individuals with a degree of self-control who will perform their work for free, especially when it comes to technical and other in-game issues different users may experience.

I saw an actual green MVP user in a different topic the other day and he only had around 100 posts. Definitely my first ever since they introduced both the forum and the game. Inspecting his profile showed that the majority of his posts were meaningless rabble in random topics with a small number of high-effort ones on the side. I guess the bar for recognition on the forum isn’t that high as I expected, but I instantly thought of all the people that might have gotten instantly triggered by seeing him.

2 Likes

its absurd how much grind you must put in simply to post pictures on a forum for an old game.

and its even more insane that of you stop the grind once you’ve obtained this reward,
YOU LOSE IT and must grind all over again.

they really need to chillax on the requirements.
i go to the forums of several games and none of them have this insanity,
and yet they are getting along just fine.

2 Likes

Having access to the forum is a privilege, not a right and more people should start viewing it as such if they are so invested in both the game and the community.

It shouldn’t be a status symbol or an indication of merit in any sense. Even Blizzard’s reasoning for the MVP program is that the requirements are often pretty lax, often not even requiring a person to play the game at top level or have any kind of qualification in the field of discussion they are participating in.

It lends a note of credibility to what they post; it allows players seeking answers to take what they say at face value, and frees up Blizzard representatives so that they can focus on their primary responsibilities.

That’s it, nothing more. You’re a accomplished copy-paster that helps people who lack the insight to use the search function before complaining or seeking help. But If you’re going to make an effort in presenting your opinions to the forums, you are probably going to grab someone’s attention and there are already enough tools in place to so other users can add some legitimacy and merit to what you write either through simple likes or their participation. The ability to be able and use pictures is not essential.

MVP is not TL3 in the slightest, they are a separate sub class group specifically built into the Discourse software, hence MVP name.

Whatever these people do is probably related to other forums but we cannot confirm it unless you inspect them on each forum for each game for each region.

2 Likes

Then it’s not unreasonable to also assume that TL3 also provides a list of candidates that could be promoted into MVP. They are more likely to choose among consistent users with moderate views rather than someone more critical of their products that performs troubleshooting or quality assurance free of charge.

Yeah possible, but I don’t think they consider it much, in the end MVP tries to get what is best for the company itself, that is being as we speak, good PR.

1 Like

Not to mention how many people really and truly expect the company to revert rank points for an ordinary disconnect (they don’t, and probably even can’t return rank points for any reason, let alone user or user ISP error).

After 30% of “bug reports” turned into that, I felt less desire to post on that subforum.

It’s delusion. When it doesn’t happen they will also get mad, say the company doesn’t care, and start spamming the forum even more.

1 Like

i had TL3 once.
then i lost it…
then got it back…

then… i lost it again and just said screw it. its not worth maintaining it constantly for what it does. i mean all it really ammounts to is the ability to post pics and clickable links.

if i want to post links i just surround them with the code tag and thats good enough.

1 Like

I think it has its advantages if you make big topics, then again very few does that, and there’s very few posters that comes in mind where someone specifically used images in their topics and made them look nice and stuff (does not include me of course).

1 Like

Yeah basicly this. These restrictions work on overwatch who has a new post each second.
but they cant set the same standerds for hots and overwatch.
They have more players and is also way more toxic. Here everyone without a junkrat portraid/first time posters is nice

No its the other way around. With a dev replying every 2 months and not even about the gameplay mechanics but on personal things like the favorit song and hero tips (which I like and they should do it more)
They should be privilidged we make the community active. They arent doing that, we do

And their restrictions are awfull. Just because I had a bad day doesnt mean my rights would be removed forever without a simple explination.

Im posting daily, im reading a lot. Liking a lot.
But I cant do things I want like making detailed (actually usefull) guides or feedback without a viewer copying and pasting 10 links.

If i do something with 5 of these
Players will think its not worth my time

Overwatch and all forums follow the same rules.

Though Overwatch gets more extensive activity compared to other forums.

However the requirements of reading has been mislead by actual blizzard posters that I had to solve this confusion but people still seem to let it slip.

I will repeat it again.

The requirements for reading comments is not 20k, 20k is a limit set for forums that are very active so that it doesn’t pass requirements like 25k in 100 days or 50k in 100 days.

The real requirement is 25% of all comments/topics made in the last 100 days.

Note: You do not need read 25% of all those made comments, those act as the threshold required to achieve, and it updates on daily basis by calculating all posts in 100 days divided by 4, if you read very old comments from 2 years ago these count to your requirements.

In other words, if a forum gets 100 posts in 100 days, you need to read 25 posts to maintain TL3 on top of likes and all that stuff.

When it comes to HotS requirement, its activity is stagnant until some troll or some hot take by some posters he make the forums blow up and make topics reach 150~ posts in mere hours, unironically.

In that case I would go for an average 12k~, forum activity here has really declined in the recent year sadly.

Open all general discussion links in separate tabs
Hold page down
Enjoy yourself

Exposing myself to all the trolls on daily basis is simply not worth it

1 Like

I think I’ve read a lot of posts while I wasn’t logged in.