What are you going to ask in the AMA

Don’t count on it, I’m working “remaking” something from scratch so I’ll busy all night to waste my time on it and I hope I finish before tomorrow’s night. :pray:

But… Maybe I can do a quick copy paste for the AMA if I’m not lazy enough.

2 Likes

I won’t be rude this time and I will ask you.

Please, do what people ask.

Thanks.

Well I wasn’t really counting on it, it’s just you do lots of special stuff for us. :slight_smile: It’s never expected, just always appreciated!

2 Likes

How do you feel about the state of weirdest heroes Chogall, Murky, Lost Vikings, and Abathur? It looks to me like one of them is too popular and the others are too unfavored.

We meet again Senshado!

This is somewhat of a difficult question to answer, as I believe it is a complicated issue.

I really enjoy the weird, unique heroes that our game has to offer. I play the heroes that you listed a lot and enjoy them immensely (just ask any of the other Balance guys who are in this AMA). That being said, in my experience it’s extremely rare that these kinds of fringe characters exist in a space where they enjoy a lot of popularity while also being enjoyable to play with and against. I’ve found this to be true not only in our game, but in just about any game. While I’d love to live in a world where these characters are fun, balanced, feel good to play with and against, while also retaining their full flavor and unique space in the game, I think that it would require an unreasonable amount of work and would have a very high chance of failure. I also believe that, inevitably, most attempts to make these characters more mainstream would result in stripping away more and more of what makes them unique, as their special traits are directly at odds with what makes them unfun to play with or against in the first place.

My perspective now with these kinds of heroes is that am not eager to overhaul them, but I would instead massage and tweak them to be better versions of themselves over time. The recent changes to Cho’gall are an example of this, where I was looking to just make the hero more fun to play and have more interesting and competitive choices in their talents. I think we can make these heroes a little more mainstream and fun to use, but it’s important to me to keep their uniqueness as much as possible while doing so, unless they are a large problem at some level of play. If they are creating a huge amount of disruption for many players, then I think it’s more warranted to remove some of their uniqueness in the name of a better play experience for everyone.

I hope this adequately answers your question!

Interesting :thinking:

I wonder if this means these types of heroes are off the table as far as design goes

1 Like

No, you will not be added to the remake, thanks.

It was a good chance to start everything again.

Don’t even ask again why I’m so salt to ya :salt:

Good. Find me something from the old forums and I might add otherwise… have a nice night or something idk.

My favourite:

Copypastable is in that first thread, I totally miss that guy, minus the Mei stuff. Wait is Sami SammyKnight on the old forums?

Is there any chance for a Tassadar rework? I hate being flamed for playing my favorite hero on QM.

Blizz_DWarner

Blizzard

Score hidden·50 minutes ago

Absolutely! While we’re not ready to share specific details yet, I can say that we’re steering him towards the spell caster fantasy and play-style you would expect of a High Templar.

This looks too good to be true but he has the blizz thing by his name

pls blizz :sob:

3 Likes

Don’t tease me! As much as loved him as a solo support, I’d also adore to see him as a mage. Mage is my favorite class!

2 Likes

Congratulations, you are the 10th person to ask this question on the web.

You get a golden star :star2:

not really we both played together back a lot, here’s a funny clip we got on twitch lol

2 Likes

kek, Well I’m always the last to know, I don’t think I ever bragged I was the most prescient or perceptive person of the forums! But ta for the Star, it accessories well with almost any outfit.

*Edit: Considering you had so few posts on the old forums compared you abundant and prolific posting on the new forums, how could I know? I only joined the old forums late anyway. I just read through many of your old post, you have a very different “voice” on the old forums, you have very much come into your own here.

Pity for me and humanity, I’ve stayed consistent.

1 Like

rorenspark

Is there any chance for a Tassadar rework? I hate being flamed for playing my favorite hero on QM.

Blizz_DWarner

Blizzard

Absolutely! While we’re not ready to share specific details yet, I can say that we’re steering him towards the spell caster fantasy and play-style you would expect of a High Templar.

2 Likes

I need more details. I will wait before this happen.
I don’t want to overreact. It can be anything.

4 Likes

I can do it. Was actually thinking about it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Consider yourself hired.

Now back to Vegas Pro 15.

2 Likes

See Dr. Logan, I told you the Rick Roll would work. Spell caster Tassadar, I’m drunk or dreaming! Darn, I’m sober. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll admit I usually don’t really care about hero reworks, but a tassadar mage-assassin rework would be just as good as a new hero :sob:

1 Like

I love this, even if it’s not concrete news, it’s some good news indeed.

1 Like