What are some trap talents people keep taking?

it gives AA speed for both secret weapon & giant killer. So increase their value. aka synergy. Want worst talent? I nominate Zarya’s levle 7.

To the Limit: While above 40 Energy, Zarya’s Basic Attack size is increased by 35%.

Giant killer benefits from the atk speed from season marksman. Sure it doesn’t benefit from Secret Weapon, but this talent also benefits from the atk speed.

But like I said, this is not why you draft Falstad anyway. You just want boomerang for waveclear, lane pressure and splitpushing.

This is not bad as well. If the enemy team is melee heavy (which happens a lot nowadays because of bloodlust), Feel the Heat + To the Limit are extremely powerful against it.

Don’t switch as soon as you AA, wait for a bit, then switch. You should getting in instant Phase Bomb this way.
It was absolute hell before I learned the trick to it.
Your theory on how it works is correct. This is why you wait for the faster AA to cooldown before switching, so you dont have to wait for phase bomb’s cooldown which is a lot longer.

If they are melee the AoE on Shield is both good additional damage And give you waveclear.

I find it’s often more a matter of players not knowing when to pick which talent, rather than talents being good on paper but not in practice (some exceptions of course, there ARE useless talents out there).

1 Like

Big Tuna Kahuna. I’ve said this time and time again, but it’s a talent that doubles Murky’s respawn timer and does literally nothing else. The extra health you get is negligible and totally unnecessary.

If you’re already dying a lot, the health won’t help. If you’re not dying a lot, you just increased Slime’s cooldown by 2 seconds for no reason. Whatever up time you buy is not worth the extra 8 seconds of downtime you suffer.

3 Likes

noooo please… my eyesss bleeeeeddddd!!!

4 Likes

Hippity hop on lvl 1 with Lunara.
Just why?? WHY? WWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY???

Leaping strike on 10
Let them wither on 13.
Anything else beside Unfair advantage on 16.

I wish they would QOL fix that, so the CD doesn’t reset into Phase Bomb’s. I’ve kind of settled into a repeater-warp build myself.

Explosive Barrier is a trap talent XD

If you don’t want to go for to the limit, you probably want Q.

You didn’t understand, Nova was going for Exodia by killing all fountains.

6 Likes

big brain Nova player!!! that’s very smart using triple tap to kill fountains by targetting someone that’s behind a fountain make it look like you wanted to hit that target so they feel safe behind it = you fooled them! you aimed for the fountain. ez i should do that too! /s

13 Likes

Party Mix is only good on maps without walls, which means that the maps Lucio is weakest on, are the maps you don’t want Accelerando (which is the best talent for him.)

Also, Guitar Hero just provides so much more healing. It is the most underrated talent in the game. More details below.

Absolutely, DC may be the biggest trap talent ultimate in the game, I can’t tell you how many people pick DC when the enemy team has massive amounts of damage and die before they even heal 5% HP.

We’re talking bout trap talents here. DC gives most people who choose it a false sense of invincibility.

GH doesn’t heal just a little bit more. GH heals a lot more than Prog Rock. At level 20 GH matches Prog Rock’s healing in two hits (182 *2 = 364, compared to Prog Rock’s 400) and the total healing from hits alone is 1011, not including the duration increase.

This is all without having to finish a quest. It is the most underrated talent in the game.

Death Metal is also a trap talent, but more because people don’t understand when to get it. I think it’s mostly intellectual laziness on the player’s part.

I see so many Lunara’s fudging up their positioning with Leaping Strike, it’s hard to watch. It can be worth it if you know how to use it, though.

1 Like

But, but, the wave clear…

What bothers me about this is the same thing that bothers me with Leoric’s “Consume Vitality”

I need to walk up to my enemy and take damage in order to heal.

I feel like party mix is not really a trap talent, but just an easier one for new lucio players :slight_smile: As soon as you get better on him, you move to accelerando.

1 Like

DC should be used after sleep dash or stunning the team, not solo because nobody with a brain is going to let you cast one of the most overpowered abilities with a cast time and channel on you lol.

But at that point, you may as well call Mosh Pit a trap talent because without a team to follow up, you don’t do anything with it.

I wish they would buff redemption. It just doesn’t stand on it’s own. You need a really coordinated team to make it work in most games. Why can’t they just give him increased AA speed per stack? Just a little at a time and when he finishes the quest he gets another bonus up to the completed quest? I would be more than fine losing stacks on death with that change.

2 Likes

Junkrats total mayham
Stacking talent lvl 1 on Ana
Kharazims Insight

3 Likes