Visual bugs since latest patch

Weekly reminder to fix this, for the sake of me and all the people who have lost because of me not being able to see the game

Still unplayable, intense graphical lag on my 2017 Macbook Pro.

The title of the thread is out of date. It should read “Visual bugs since patch released nearly 2 years ago”.

Same issue here, we are three friends that have been playing for over 2 years, and me and my other friends have the same problem. Macs from y 2014-2015, however, our friend that haven’t updated his mac to the latest versions isn’t experiening this jump issues… please fix this, it has gone over 2 years ffs… :frowning:

Due to this issues the ranked games becomes unbalanced and destroyed for many players which is the most joy of the game… Each game we need to restart due to graphic issue, our team loses 2 players in 3-4min which causes unbalance in the whole system (very hard to catch up after 3-4min loss).

How is this seriously still an issue?

April 2021
Macbook Pro 2015
2.2GHz intel core i7
16gb 1800MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
macOS Mojave 10.14.6

1 Like

Any updates about this? same issue

I have the same machine but running Big Sur. Stopped playing this game a long time ago because dragging a team down because you cannot see the opposing team is just not fun.

@Blizzard Devs Please please, for the love of god give us some communication on what the future holds. Are we ever getting a patch? Is MacOS Development frozen now?

Guess what I’ve encountered today :slight_smile: The bug, I’ve seen a year ago :expressionless:

Same PC. Still having this issue today.

Dear Caterpepi, can you please let us know if there’s any work being done to fix it? Unfortunately, it is still in the game.

Meanwhile, I have talked to a Blizzard Game Master about this, and that’s what I now know:

1. They were not aware of it, even though the thread had been here since 2019(!)
  2. They are neither able to address it in any way, nor can they inform the devs on it. They literally do not inform the development team about the bugs, hence there’s bug report dedicated thread group on the forums.
  3. However, there are staff that look through the forums for bugs etc.

I know that a lot of stuff happened in 2020, but come on. The game is so friendly for the new players, it is very easy to pick up. I don’t think it will take you long just to make sure the game is playable on macOS. Though, I realise there’s a lot more that the development team is working on, it’s been years now since this issue occurred for the first time. You still support HoTS, right? I don’t recall any announcements like the one for SC2, that meant the end for that game’s further content updates.

This is unfair. Are we forced to play on Windows, while the game officially supported macOS until some point? Imagine installing it via Boot Camp, installing a whole operating system, just to run a single game every now and then. It will take about 70 GBs of available space, which is not stated in the game requirements.

Whatever is happening at your HQ, I don’t think it’s okay to treat your players, i.e. costumers, this way. Please, fix it or have it fixed.

I still have hope for it. You cannot kill hope, Blizzard, can you?

1 Like

This is a maintenance mode game just as SC2 is now, except we do get content updates like reworks (though no new heroes this year yet).

I doubt anyone works on the Mac client anymore, as there are too few Mac customers left (maybe a couple hundred?), and even the Blizzard personnel you quoted has advised Mac users to try bootcamp to get rid of these visual glitches. (Bootcamp is an Apple feature which lets you use Windows on your Mac)

I just gave up and use my Macbook for browsing the web. For HotS I have a PC now.

It just got worse again this patch, especially on ARAM Industrial district, which gives me now a 25% winrate on this map.

its seems to not be fixed

macbook pro 2013
catalina 10.15.7
2.5GHz dual-core intel core 15
8Gb 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

i just feel kind of sad because 2 years ago blizzard pass to support only metal graphics and my imac was to old for that, so i stoped playing and now i bought this macbook and wanted to try the game again and its unplayable, feels like some greater power doesnt want me to play XD, at least im taking it out of my chest here, have a nice day.

After 3 years is frustrating, same bugs. I know this game will not receive support anymore but is still frustration.

I first experience this issue in 2019

It got so bad I stopped playing, I’m still continually check to see if they fix it. It’s now October 2023 and there is still HUGE issues. Blizzard seems to just not care about mac users anymore and they wonder why players are leaving the blizzard platform.

Truly sad to follow a game from its launch to a point where it’s now unplayable due to bugs that can’t be repaired. Are we living in Idiocracy?

Since you replied on here…can you give an update about the microphone issue…or are we just going to ignore it still? because it’s getting kind of frustrating to get no replied on the issue for months now.

Olá, ainda estou com problemas nos mapas, alguém conseguiu resolver?

I fixed microphone support in my installation. Now it works, but I have done many things and can’t create universal reproducible guide. If u want help with it, u can write me in telegram (same nickname)

After update to new macos beta HOTS starts crashing in battle, I think it because shaders: Game always crashing after 30 seconds battle after update OS