Very Toxic Community

It really is.
4 out of 5 of my games has someone that is very toxic in it. I mean why do these people play the game if they hate it so much? How sad is ones life, where they log into a game hit play and join a game then begin just trying to ruin everyones enjoyment?
I don’t get it really. This isn’t just “Oh I had a toxic person in my one game and now I’m rage posting.” This is a real problem. I’ve been playing some games today, about 20 or so and man it’s really bad. People will go out of their way to just be rude, or ruin the game completely. I don’t mean like oh, there are bad players in my games either. These people will tell you they are throwing, or make picks in Draft just because someone else picked or banned their hero. Don’t even get me started on people banning others heroes that are on hover.
I really enjoy the game but with the amount of these types of people in the game it just really is depressing to play. It’s very sad to see so many people that will literally ruin it for 4 others and themselves, yet they play the game? I mean isn’t that what “Play” means? To enjoy or have fun? They hit play and think “I’m going to ruin my fun and everyone elses fun too”… Sorry, this is kind of a rant I guess, it’s just really getting to me that this is so common. The game isn’t really fun today.

3 Likes

Dont judge the whole Hots community just because of a few rotten apples joined your game.

There will always be people like those but you will also find people who actually want to win and play the game properly.

I play on EU and i rarely see people who play to lose. Maybe only a few times but not much.

14 Likes

This is a online team game. So what do you expect? Are you surprised that mostly random people on the internet are “toxic”? I am not…

4 Likes

A few? 3 out of 5 games… 20 or so games…that’s literally more than half my games had these types of people. Let me put it this way. The “Players” are pretty toxic. Sorry if I offended you personally.
I can’t play on EU because of ping, I play on NA.

What do you define as toxicity? I’ve seen people blow up at the slightest bit of advice or feedback, calling it ‘toxic’ and I’ve also seen some truly toxic, hate-filled people.

4 Likes

A free2play, online, multiplayer game, being “toxic.” Who would have guessed?

5 Likes

I know this is a cliché but the best method to deal with these kind of trolls is not to respond. Nothing annoys a troll more than the person they are trying to troll not responding. I do it all the time.

4 Likes

I’m on NA server too, is see the kind of behaviour you speak about more in QM than ranked play. What rank are you in? When I was climbing the kind of behaviour you spoke about I would see more in Silver and Gold (I’m sure in Bronze too) than at higher ranks.

2 Likes

It’s like all competitive online games are full of the same kind of people. This is nothing specific to HotS.

4 Likes

It also depends on the individual’s description of toxicity

4 Likes

Like personal insults and sending death threats. I saw that in all games. Tho in some games with voice chat they usually yell local insults at you in their own language :smiley:

Saying someone should stop feeding is not toxicity to me, but in Blizz world that’s not acceptable either so I’m ok with that.

2 Likes

Turn team chat off, your mental health will thank you for it.

3 Likes

see thats where you’re wrong i think.
mistaking passion for hate.

you’ll find that the people who care most about the game are the ones you are calling toxic.
granted it’d be better if they channelled their passion for the game better.

4 Likes

cry about it
20 characters

Truth.

If OP has so many toxic people every game, maybe OP should get better skills so team isnt so angry.

2 Likes

its toxic because as you notice here on the forums people are justifying toxicity, people are justifying that its ok to suck donkey in this game, its ok to be super casual in a competitive pvp game, and its ok to have broken characters ravage the game. So anyone who comes in here with a passion for moba’s and blizzards hero universe is going to get shat on hard and laughed at for taking it seriously.

Yes it is OK to be casual in a pvp game.

No one is winning money here pal, relax.

You can have passion and not be a rude jerk too, you know.

2 Likes

I’m sure not a defender of the report system and I wouldn’t deny you can have toxic teammates. I do find it hard to engage with posts like this when they have names like “IhateStupidPeople” and well, the ID of the OP, it kind of suggests the problem isn’t as simple as “toxic teammates.”

1 Like

Literally never seen an internet community that isn’t buttsauce.

It’s probably a patent fact that none exist which aren’t just this kind of butts.

Taking things seriously is one thing but only seriously damaged people fly off the handle like toxies do. They go absolutely berserk. It’s genuinely concerning.

You can be a tryhard and not be a garbage human being who takes their flaws out on everyone around them. I get that, to MOBA players, that simply doesn’t compute. But you really can be. You can take it seriously and not disappoint your parents in the process.

4 Likes