Update on Climate Phenomena Anomaly

Because only like 1% of an already very small game community even use the PTR so there’s no hope of avoiding the main game for things like this.

Thank you! You guys have gained my respect for listening to the problems we faced: lag, uncompetitive nature. Yessss

1 Like

It’s pretty obvious it was terrible. I criticized it without even playing it. Just the ideas were already enough to :-1:

XP globes
After iterations made based on feedback solid 100% did what they were supposed to do and feel pretty solid

Towers: a bit rocky but they got updated, and more importantly the changes to the cores are awesome

Also,
People thought hte Mercy rework of 18 would be UNDERPOWERED when just looking at it in the PTR without testing it in a live game
Yeah want to know how that ended?

2 Likes

I disagree with their choice to nerf tower target priority but at least compared to before the main mechanic of call for help still exists. Maybe one day when the playerbase gets smarter they can make all turrets target heroes intelligently (not to mention a health buff to structures)

1 Like

QM is already a garbage fire of mediocrity, who cares what happens there? Never seen a less serious game mode in any game ever, literally just a place to goof off and try builds out or whatever. The fact that it’s the most played game mode is simply a testament to how casual the player base is.

I understand the want to explore new ideas in the game.
Adding this isn’t interesting, isn’t fun, isn’t intuitive…inothewords it should have never left the whiteboard.
Stop spending efforts on awkward mechanics and spend that in doing gd anything to your matchmaker, your now…i want to stand in town AI because it sucks so bad that it can barely do that well…oh wait there is a hero called abathur as well…isn’t it great to ping him to have him to gd anything but sit at home? It’s stuff like this that need addressed, not some artsyfartsy blow fluff up our butt effect that nobody wanted, and wasn’t tested for lower end machines or lower bandwidth (note. i have neither of those issues at all).

1 Like

Great news! I am glad that the abnormal weather will be removed. But when exactly will they be removed?

Cadence also means rhythm and they simply say that they don’t want to commit to a set cadence of seasonal anomalies anymore - I don’t see what’s wrong with their usage of the word.

3 Likes

how about a temporary anomaly were everyone starts the game at lv20? :smiley:

In around 12 hours if the maintenance schedule for Europe is about that.

1 Like

That’s hyperbole. QM is called a clownfiesta for a reason, but it does have some degree of seriousness.

Not really. Modes similar to QM will always have the largest core of players because the competitive experience is inherently more niche. And the higher up in skill you go, the more niche it gets. Of course, I’m not saying that players aren’t potatoes or casuals either but that’s an entirely different discussion.

After rereading your post, it seems you were talking more broadly than just anomalies. To clarify my position, I was speaking specifically about anomalies.

So make it a brawl and bribe people with lootchests. Or at the very least phase it into the game. Something like:
Patch 1: vs AI
Patch 2: brawl
Patch 3: QM
Patch 4: unranked
Patch 5* : ranked

*almost end of season, assuming 3 week patch cadence and a 4 month season

Or simply introduce changes slower and gentler (i.e., don’t introduce radical changes all at once)

Just throwing anomalies into all of the modes like that was the worst way they could do it. Of course, the entire idea of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks is a flawed approach to begin with.

1 Like

So you are all sober again. Took 2 months almost.

Can we still keep the weather please? The rain and snow looks great.

1 Like

I appreciate the HotS team for making this change. By and large you guys have normally done a fantastic job with the game. Nexus Anomalies are just that, tests of new gameplay mechanics, and not all of them are going to pan out. It might be a little late, but I’m glad the Devs. are once again listening to it’s community feedback. See you in the Nexus!

1 Like

Yay! FPS are coming back! Whoo! :slight_smile:

The weather effects (which only effect I observed was reducing FPS) are a nice idea, in theory.
Would have been nice if that theory was tested in brawl or one map the players can opt in to playing, not forced on everyone. (Is PTR still a thing? Did they get to test the anomalies?)

I may be alone with this, but I would like more maps in the rotation. The variety of them is what made the game fun in Beta and after launch. Now it is the same few all the time.

For ranked I can see why a reduced set of maps makes sense, for normal and co-op, more maps would be appreciated.
Maybe, just as an idea, give players (or in a party, the leader) the option to select one or two maps that will not show up.

My computer is nowhere near a potato, and the lightning strikes would cause a 7-15 second lag spike if there were 3 or more people on my screen.

1 Like

What kind of impotence is this? First add. and after to remove again and again… Why remove the weather at all? Is it really impossible to optimize this business, add weather conditions as visual effects and add the on / off button in the settings? From extreme to extreme. Ugh!

P.s. By the way return roles in QM and add button - enable /disable searching by roles.

While I can’t say I didn’t find some fun with the weather Phenomena Anomaly, FPS issues and balance issues effecting Ranked play definitely make that a problem.

I feel like changes such as this one should have been maybe on a slow burn set up… Starting in vs AI and QM only… Then if everything was stable… let it rotate into Unranked… then as long as its still ok… Finally Ranked.

I know the Development team is much smaller then it was say 2 years ago, but I’d hope to see things like this return in the future. But of course in a more balanced state.

Please focus on updating and fixing the engine instead.

2 Likes