Unexpected Fatal Errors

Never in my career of this game have I had a “fatal error” or really a crash of any kind, but after this latest update, I can’t go through a single match without atleast 7 crashes. I’ve tried doing the other messages suggestions such as disabling fullscreen support, playing in windowed, and windows repair. I’ve reinstalled the game, scanned it plenty of times and it always gives me the thumbs up. It never crashes in the menu, but only in games. It is infuriating.

Here’s the latest code since posting.
5A92DBE7-2EC9-4B3E-9F16-8E2653B196CB

Without knowing your hardware here are a few suggestions…

• Update graphic drivers. If using NVidia with most recent driver already then try downgrading to an older driver version since apparently the recent drivers have some issues.
  • Try capping frame rate to 60 frames per second, or 30 frames per second if it still crashes. This can help rule out a GPU overheating issue. HotS loads your GPU a lot more than many recent games as far as power consumption goes, for some reason (energy intensive shader operations or high GPU hardware utilization).

My current specs are:
1080 Ti
i7-8700 @ 3.70Ghz
15.93gb ram

and a 3840x2160 120hz monitor

but I’ll try downgrading my drivers and see if that works.

Edit

rolled back the drives, and capped frames, still crashes consistently when in a match. GPU temp was at 47 Celsius when it crashed last time.

5CCD41A3-59C7-497D-80B2-299C7755A6AE

I’m having the same issues. My code is

7BE498EB-B9DD-4644-B98E-FF4F44B46356

Terrible that its been two days without any support from an official, I can say without a doubt that I’ll be shelving hots until its fixed though.

As far as I am aware Blizzard US does not operate during Saturday and Sunday. Like most western companies they generally respect the concept of a weekend.

I still suggest trying to cap refresh rate to 60Hz and possibly lower resolution to 1920x1080 for a test. If your PSU is starting to fail your GPU will not be overheating but might operate unreliably which could trigger crashes.

What do the logs say? They are located in…

Documents\Heroes of the Storm\GameLogs

It may be useful to post ones associated with instances the game crashed.

It could also be some sort of incompatible software.

there is alot but I think this is the summery:

<BlizzardError.Summary> ACCESS_VIOLATION executing 0x0000000000000000: DBG-OPTIONS DBG-ADDR<0000000000000000>("") <- DBG-ADDR<00007FF693ED5E51>("") <- DBG-ADDR<00007FF693EDD2A2>("") DBG-OPTIONS<>
ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Heroes of the Storm
<BlizzardError.Reproducibility> Didn’t Try

<Set.SinceLaunchEvent> Had active AI
<Set.SinceLaunchEvent> Mismatch in texture reduction DB

<Set.SinceLaunchEvent> Had active AI
<Set.SinceLaunchEvent> Mismatch in texture reduction DB

BlizzardError.Assertion:

ACCESS_VIOLATION
executing 0x0000000000000000: DBG-OPTIONS DBG-ADDR<0000000000000000>("") <- DBG-ADDR<00007FF693ED5E51>("") <- DBG-ADDR<00007FF693EDD2A2>("") DBG-OPTIONS<>

Access violations could possibly point towards incompatible software interfering with the game. These can be overlays, anti virus software (unlikely), input management software (eg for a gaming keyboard or mouse), video capture software, etc. Hopefully someone from Blizzard could identify more specific targets.

I can assure you the crashing is not the games fault directly, even with the latest update. I am running it on a 8 year old processor with older GPU and it never crashes. I also know dozens of people who run the latest version on a huge variety of hardware without it ever crashing.

@ƆǠŦŊƗP
Can I get you to get a Msinfo report generated and emailed to techinfo@blizzard.com? Please include a link to this post in the email.

@DebonaireCat
Would make sure your Discord overlay is disabled. From there you look to be on Nvidia driver 369.09 which is 2 years old. We’ll want to grab the updated dirvers here.

Sent the Msinfo report

@ƆǠŦŊƗP
Let’s look into updating the Nvidia drivers. From there I’d look into uninstalling Webroot and making sure the Discord overlay is disabled.

Reupdated Drivers, uninstalled Webroot, and Discord Overlay was already disabled.
Still crashes

4057FC39-968D-4992-B628-88B2FCF56981

My game has crashed about 8 times today. So much fun zzzz

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unexpected fatal errors