Unexpected Error 1D79727D-EE98-4978-90E7-DD09F6600B9D

Hi all,

I’m having an unexpected error 1D79727D-EE98-4978-90E7-DD09F6600B9D. Does anyone know what this error code means?

Edit: Just had this new error code occur: 2A4944EC-F0E6-4B05-9F22-87BE1D119144

Anotha one: F7D13E07-BFC4-43AF-B8B6-7D9DE9006793

1 Like

Hey there,

ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005) is the core error across most of those crash reports. There was also one unspecificed error indicating a possible display issue.

Assert_(CGameLaunch::IsCurrentVersion()) failed at .\CGlueUI.cpp(276)
CGlueUI::ActivateDefaultScreens
CGameLaunch::DisplayError
CGameLaunch::DisplayOrSetError
CGameLaunch::LaunchOldVersion
CGameLaunch::LaunchGame
CGameLaunch::Armed
CGameLaunch::CheckVersionAndArm
CGameLaunch::SetupInternal
CGameLaunch::Launch

The access violations are related to reading/writing to/from Memory. Either system or GPU.

The most common cause of issues like this are out of date OS or GPU drivers. So I first recommend going to Windows Update and making sure your OS is up to date, then to AMD/Intel/Nvidia to get the latest drivers for your GPU. (I cannot see what GPU you are using.

Let’s reset the in game user options:

1. Click the blue bnet icon on the bnet app.
  2. Choose settings, then game settings.
  3. Click the reset in game user options button under the correct game listing.
  4. Confirm the changes and close the window.

We will want to run the repair tool on the game client: Blizzard Support - Repairing Battle.net Games

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)

Click your name at the top right of this page, click support, click contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.