Ults that are good but always get heavy responses

Someone threw on me a tantrum for picking that Naz ghost ultimate.

Winblades always gets a groan, even when we have a proper tank. “CS is better” “Need 2 tanks”, really Winblades is more niche, and it just isn’t as flashy. Varian doesn’t say anything cool like “No potions” when ripping the blade in 2, or scream with primal fury as he blenders an enemy.

But when its the right time, and you show up as a team player instead of that chode that camps on CD or tries to boss when no one is showing, feels good to win a game and show a few people that while every troll winblades, but not all winblades are trolls.

Yeah, same, it pesters me when people go “Anduin? Wrong ult?” while the enemy team has like 3 heroes that can stun me out of Salvation.

1 Like

Pyroblast on kt vs medivh, but it’s too feckin satisfactory to reset his stacks after baiting out FoW.

Same here but with a genji
I just waited till after he used deflect. I killed him every time expect duriny a teamfight. The flame was huge from my team

I hear ya.
Way back then when Varian still had his heroic at 10, were in a match without a proper frontline on both teams. We were losing hard and morale suffered, but I knew that we just had to survive long enough.
At 10, I whipped out those double blades. Cue nobody being able to contest my oppressive frontline damage and we decimated them.

Twin blades have their place.

Places Portal and dodges it anyway

On QM is pretty hard to pick some of those ultis that require more coordination from your team to be effectivly used, both because not all pugs are equally skilled but also because sometimes you cannot communicate very well with them (they’ve turned off the chat or cannot understand even basic english and so on). That leads to some complains when they see you picked some of the not so mainstream ulti around like:

• Mighty Gust
  • Lightbomb
  • Haymaker
  • Gorge
  • Syndragosa
  • Water Dragon
1 Like

This is well said.
Sindra is awesone ult, pretty high on best ults list for me. But its not ult for Arthas.
Main reason why talent diversity is mostly a myth.

2 Likes

Though might be right, Sindra is like the only ult that has won me a fight on towers with a talent down… It’s extremely underrated, especially when opponent’s team has squish backline, takes like 1/3 HP of all squishies they have and render them slow for a good amount of time

Back when Diablo was a killer (not just a tank) the Sindra/Apoc combo used to do wonders lol

I always get yelled at for picking planet crackah for Fenix i literally only choose it for the luls, but I always end up doing well with it.

I try to use Sindra whenever possible, but at the end of the day, this ult is viable in some cheesy combos, when they got Guldan/Kaelthas (AoE heavy in general) or melee heavy teams (similar to Thrall EQ).
I wish I could use it more :frowning:

Also +1 for Triple Tap. Cool ult, lot of unnecessary hate.

I think he mean the talent that makes you recharge 100 % faster and longer range.

Same but no one seems to notice when i finish off someone retreating low health or follow up perfectly on a mosh pit, entomb.etc. Can also be great to cut off an escape route or split the team

Normally when my friend plays Fenix I go the mad king or murky and just make the squishy on the enemy team uninstall.

They don’t do this in yoloqueue.

I actually disagree here. Gorge and Archon are both very competitive and are the general go-to picks on both heroes in coordinated play.

He is the only hero i have problem with picking ults. I like lava but smash is great and almost sure kill if you can land it. I guess i mostly pick it if i know ill have help with landing the darn thing.

Its the problem of,do i pick something that will help me win tf or for help stopping a losing one (like especially on braxxis). Always a hard pick.

Sindra is his better ulti. The problem with the use of this ulti is that ppl use it when the tf already started. The main use of this ulti is to engage and stop enemy from retaliating. Many heroes dont mind being slowed after they enter your team.

What this means is,you need a hero like rex(he is rly strong with arthas anyway since arthas with this build has problem solo tanking) ,mediv(his portals make engage easier) or tass to see enemy at range.Rex sees enemy with misha which you put at obvious engage location.

That is all you need to do to use that ulti right. Hit enemy while they are engaging. That slow then makes it nearly impossible for enemy to dive you correctly and makes landing your dmg dealers skills ez.

1 Like

Inhales deeply
Medvic Dropship (Morales)

I know, i know, our only dps tracer isn’t going to get that smexy steroid.

On the nuke map, I use this the most. It is really helpful to teleport across the map to grab nukes w/ allies, and to gank.

Even better to protect your entire team by racing them to the other side of the map.

I do actually take the drug, but I’d do medvic if its a situation like that.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention me raging inside without speaking when my entire team dies, everyones going to get rezzed in 3 seconds as I medvic to the next teamfight, only to see them move through it like it never existed (cry)

1 Like